NX Duramax Mustang gets New ZZ manifold , just in time for Hot Rod Drag Week 2010

As it said rumor, no time slips, just like the smoke and mental magic Edge truck all talk but no times

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

the New Mustang was picked up from Wolf RaceCraft , and is now home in Mikes Shop , after the Texas Mile the drivetrain is getting swaped over to the new car, unless someone buys the Red car. shame its going back to the Gas World .

photo-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

the new car is nice , really nice , might even have AC when its done.
we will be at the Texas Mile in two weeks , to raise the 202.4 record up even more.

hope to see you all there , Mike is taking the NX Motorhome , and I'll be taking my big rig , so we everyone have pleanty of room to get out of the sun.

Getting loaded up to go to the Mile this afternoon. I'm picking up JohnBoy at Love field this afternoon.
Come watch up bump the record up . Currently at 202.4 MPH with the new manifold and power, there is no telling how much faster. Were hoping for a bump of at least 5 mph

I'm talking the Beetle as well, and were expecting a bump in that record as well.

there are 4 of these new manifolds on order now , and well as 4 sets of Dmax heads , Greg is quickly becoming the go to guy for diesel heads if you want the very best.
Greg’s newest individual runner manifold for the 24v / CR is done as well and no pictures will be released. The first 3 are on a pair of 2.6 puller and a Super Stocker project.
Come see us , and hang out , it’s a great event

Last edited:
we plan on it ,

I'm really excited about this weekend. I am fighting a ECM issue on the Beetle this morning. I am waiting on Charlie from Kerma to call me, but I think I fried my only ECM that was open to the standalone without the immobilizer. I hope we can do the modification to a stock ECM here.
If not it’s dead in the water. I this VW based standalone is working neat, and the motor sounds really good.

We just raised the record 205.00 mph first pass. It has more in it

Thanks everyone, it’s a great feeling, when it all comes together and happens. The ZZ manifold was a hit with the Gas guy’s, and quite a few are really looking at the diesel engine as a viable power plant.

I talked to a NMCA truck racer, and he is looking at possibly going to the SS race in February

IMAG0243.jpg

JohnBoy filling the car with SynDiesel.

IMAG0239.jpg

Me doing my Job, explaining diesel motorsports with mainstream media. I loving it , its something I believe in.

IMAG0250.jpg

John and Me eating at Smitties BBQ , they are over 150 years old .

IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

This poor guy , only had three Lamborghini and a Ferreira left after crashing one.

IMAG0254.jpg

Taping up the car for aero

IMAG0244.jpg

One of my required decals

IMAG0247.jpg

World’s fastest demolition derbies vehicle

IMAG0251.jpg

Sucks when you have a flat tire of you $200,000 car

IMAG0238.jpg

he told me that it weighed about 4200 lbs with a turbo small block. with a Dmax add 350 lbs , and you would have a 4500 lbs truck

not at all, the ideal truck for this race will be a 2wd , 1/2 ton Dmax with weight added behind the axle.

super loose convertor , with a progressive lock up.

Back