Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Yes, cut the end off the coolant diverter solenoid and it will screw into one of the water passages in the block behind where the cooler used to be. The circuit has to be complete and you can’t just the magnet off the valve because it will burn out after a while.

I can have the solenoid deleted in the file, but I wasn't gonna do away with the Iva's and piston swap yet. Although it looks like the head has to come off now. So that may be in its future now

Because it’s only purpose is to heat the coolant and/or leak. And it’s cleaner.
e6b43a2dfdf0c4849f033d343eb8837b.jpg

How'd you keep the bare turbo housings soo rust free? Beautiful work though.

Yep, all that sciences and mathfs... I start ignoring it asap

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

You might want to try it because the same people that taught your classes are probably the same that think things like the head relief grooves are a good idea.

Like most things the real world proves otherwise.

Have to ask, when people ask what you do for a living do you refer to yourself as a “Tech”

I can have the solenoid deleted in the file, but I wasn't gonna do away with the Iva's and piston swap yet. Although it looks like the head has to come off now. So that may be in its future now

You don’t have to put it in the block. It just looks better than being tied to the harness.

You have to know the kid who drives this. He can polish the tanks until they leak.

I like hearing that kind of stuff honestly. People like Rick on here need to exist. That is trucking to me. Dad would spend his entire sunday polishing tanks and wheels. He could pay people to do it and it would have been wayyy easier but he enjoyed it. The second people like him are gone trucking will have been 100% commercialized/corporate to the point of no turning back IMO.

You might want to try it because the same people that taught your classes are probably the same that think things like the head relief grooves are a good idea.

Like most things the real world proves otherwise.

Have to ask, when people ask what you do for a living do you refer to yourself as a “Tech”
Yesus, healer, spirit talker. Anything but a truck driver typically.

I left it be at disagreement and you keep taking stabs. Why?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yesus, healer, spirit talker. Anything but a truck driver typically.

I left it be at disagreement and you keep taking stabs. Why?

I didn’t take a stab, it’s just almost every mechanic that went to school or especially a factory store parts changer like a Cat/Cummins “tech” are die hard Kool-Aid drinkers. The way they were told is the ONLY way it can be done. OEM is not always the best way, the aftermarket has proven that since the first car was invented. If everyone believed the crap they were told this site wouldn’t exist, no drag racing or sled pulling. The “maths” as you said would tell me I can’t uprate a 475 to 550 without a total driveline replacement. Want to guess how inaccurate that is or do you want to ask your teacher?

I get it, your in a shop that probably doesn’t allow you to think for yourself or try anything that isn’t within spec. But in my world spec is just a suggestion and the only way to know what works is to try it yourself. Sometimes it works and sometimes it costs you money. But I’ve found the best way to know for sure is to actually try it.

I like hearing that kind of stuff honestly. People like Rick on here need to exist. That is trucking to me. Dad would spend his entire sunday polishing tanks and wheels. He could pay people to do it and it would have been wayyy easier but he enjoyed it. The second people like him are gone trucking will have been 100% commercialized/corporate to the point of no turning back IMO.

You don’t have to drive a show truck but it’s not that hard to keep things looking nice.

OK truck tuning Gods...say I have a Kenworth T300 with a Paccar PX6 or PX8...can you tune/delete it?

Chris

Yes

I didn’t take a stab, it’s just almost every mechanic that went to school or especially a factory store parts changer like a Cat/Cummins “tech” are die hard Kool-Aid drinkers. The way they were told is the ONLY way it can be done. OEM is not always the best way, the aftermarket has proven that since the first car was invented. If everyone believed the crap they were told this site wouldn’t exist, no drag racing or sled pulling. The “maths” as you said would tell me I can’t uprate a 475 to 550 without a total driveline replacement. Want to guess how inaccurate that is or do you want to ask your teacher?

I get it, your in a shop that probably doesn’t allow you to think for yourself or try anything that isn’t within spec. But in my world spec is just a suggestion and the only way to know what works is to try it yourself. Sometimes it works and sometimes it costs you money. But I’ve found the best way to know for sure is to actually try it.

You don’t have to drive a show truck but it’s not that hard to keep things looking nice.

Yes

You cannot run a c18 in a highway truck in North America. The factory never did it so it can't be done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 0

That's because when customers take their equipment to a Dealer with certified techs, they expect the same factory developed repair procedure to be followed whether they're in San Diego or in Singapore. Cat Dealers are required to have training plans and are measured on completion rates, amongst many other things.

That's because when customers take their equipment to a Dealer with certified techs, they expect the same factory developed repair procedure to be followed whether they're in San Diego or in Singapore. Cat Dealers are required to have training plans and are measured on completion rates, amongst many other things.

I guess making repairs with parts that will fail in the same exact way eventually is a good way to stay in the job.

Like replacing an ARD head on an SDP out of someone’s pocket knowing that it will break again and cost them money.

Must be a fine job to have if you don’t have a conscience.

For the record, I don’t drive a show truck. Lol

My truck is at best, a working truck.
Bunk has corrosion, paint peeling. Under the hood is not pretty, it has its problems etc.
It runs 2500-3500 miles a week with some mid 20’s kid acting like he knows what he’s doing.

I do what I do because I feel its the way it should be done. It makes me enjoy what’s left of the industry I’m in. Just like right now, i got in yesterday after 3500 miles... my truck is sitting down the street at my Dads gravel lot, covered in salt.

I get made fun of for the things I do, and then some people appreciate the way I do things. To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Love that truck. Lotsa potential there

I think he needs a bigger trailer. Lol

So if you build a bridge and it falls do you build it back the same way over and over? Not on my dime you won’t.

For the record, I don’t drive a show truck. Lol

My truck is at best, a working truck.
Bunk has corrosion, paint peeling. Under the hood is not pretty, it has its problems etc.
It runs 2500-3500 miles a week with some mid 20’s kid acting like he knows what he’s doing.

I do what I do because I feel its the way it should be done. It makes me enjoy what’s left of the industry I’m in. Just like right now, i got in yesterday after 3500 miles... my truck is sitting down the street at my Dads gravel lot, covered in salt.

I get made fun of for the things I do, and then some people appreciate the way I do things. To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bravo! I see lots of older well taken care of trucks. They’re not show pony’s and nothing fancy but you can tell the guy takes care of it. We see lots of fleet trucks, some so clean that you could eat off the floor. Doesn’t matter that it’s a million mile Columbia worth $5000 or a $170,000 brand new W9. If you take care of it you’ve got my respect. Now running around Detroit I see tons of what we call “city rats”. They have more bungee cords holding their bumper on than a side kit has on the tarp. You can just tell no one gives a damn what it looks like.

I guess making repairs with parts that will fail in the same exact way eventually is a good way to stay in the job.

Like replacing an ARD head on an SDP out of someone’s pocket knowing that it will break again and cost them money.

Must be a fine job to have if you don’t have a conscience.

You remember when Don was having all the issues with his MXS and was apart 3 times and each time Cat would only cut the counterbore on one hole? Typical dealer crap, just patch it up until it’s out of warranty. Probably down a week each time because doing all 6 once would have been stupid.

Back