Car built to SFI 25.2A Chassis Specification (PIC HEAVY)

I believe Bryant said they are making exhibition passes and maybe some grudge racing.

This is correct, since they did not attend any previous races they of course cannot compete for the title

Hopefully things will be different next year :tree::rockwoot:

...just curious if everything was on schedule? My son and I were thinking about flying down for the finals. Did the Thia boys switch to chrome moly?

With this kind of effort, and the unusual circumstances, surely these fellas will be permitted to compete in the pro stock class???? Really, in what lifetime would something like this ever happen again????

Keeping it MS, I spoke with the DIV 4 Chassis inspector in Dallas and we will see what we can do for cert, this might mean an 8.50 cert so they will have to watch tuning and NOS to keep it slower than that.

I'm trying to develop this into racing next year, multiple trucks the years after that and maybe even a sanctioned event in thailand in the next 7-10 years or so.

I hope for it to be a long term plan

It's looking good. Like a Scott said and I may have missed it either here or another thread but what is the expected travel time and have y'all ever dealt with bringing a vehicle thru customs? I've always heard its a pain. Just curious because its less than a month away now.

18hr flight time 24-48 hrs to clear customs according to the broker

Chassis is complete and painted, will be fully assembled and test passes made this week.

18hr flight time 24-48 hrs to clear customs according to the broker

Chassis is complete and painted, will be fully assembled and test passes made this week.

Hopefully it's different for y'all at customs.

We waited on a crate of tractor parts from Germany in the port of Houston for 2 weeks!

I have a guy ordering parts from Thailand that sat in customs for a little over 2 weeks from them picking at everything

Hopefully it's different for y'all at customs.

We waited on a crate of tractor parts from Germany in the port of Houston for 2 weeks!

I have a guy ordering parts from Thailand that sat in customs for a little over 2 weeks from them picking at everything

The difference being the car isn't staying. From what I understand it speeds the customs process up considerably if it's only in country for a period of time rather than permanently.

Go to the NHRA web site, upper right to LUCAS OIL and then divisions and you want D4 and that will give you all the inspectors in D4. Just understand that looking at pics is no gaurentee that it will pass, but with what I see unless the inspector finds something it looks good.

Mark Pratt 214 801 6597, he live 30 miles south of the DFW area, and is a NHRA dive 4 tech. He just put a tag on my chassis

while your here , Ill check on getting you a copy of the SFI chasiss pack .

There is a NADM event a few weeks later , as well has a NHRA div event cose by

Last edited:
The difference being the car isn't staying. From what I understand it speeds the customs process up considerably if it's only in country for a period of time rather than permanently.

This. the Car will only be here until the first and is an exhibition, not for profit, off road only use vehicle.

Mark Pratt 214 801 6597, he live 30 miles south of the DFW area, and is a NHRA dive 4 tech. He just put a tag on my chassis

while your here , Ill check on getting you a copy of the SFI chasiss pack .

There is a NADM event a few weeks later , as well has a NHRA div event cose by

thanks Greg, I spoke with Mark last week and he is going to get me set up with an inspection. He was very friendly and helpful. :rockwoot:

Charle Stewart Race Cars is close by , if somthing doesn't meet spec. Charlie and Mark are friends

IMG_0185_resize_zps1a93e1ba.jpg

IMG_0183_resize_zps97cc2954.jpg

IMG_0181_resize_zpse3acbba5.jpg

IMG_0180_resize_zpsed35ea7b.jpg

IMG_0179_resize_zps861007cb.jpg

IMG_0178_resize_zps74bcfa6a.jpg

IMG_0177_resize_zps1c4b1fbf.jpg

IMG_0176_resize_zps9f7d80e9.jpg

IMG_0174_resize_zps50f7dbd0.jpg

IMG_0166_resize_zps5c70ae12.jpg

they will be reassembling and making passes with the new chassis this week :rockwoot:

Charle Stewart Race Cars is close by , if somthing doesn't meet spec. Charlie and Mark are friends

Thanks, he mentioned that he knew plenty of chassis builders in the area that could help if something didn't match up.

He also mentioned most likely getting the car an 8.50 cert if it wouldn't pass faster.

Back