Should I buy a 2004 Jetta TDI?

Mine is that way. I pulled the CCV off my charge pipe because of how much was in the pipes. Then that made a mess in the engine bay. I may put it back.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Check your map sensor, it's on the top side of the intercooler. The bew's turn into absolute turds when it goes out. Had one that blew the piping apart and broke the map in half. That was real fun trouble shooting lol.

Double check all of your EGR piping or just delete it. It is notorious for cracking at the flex sections.

It might be over boosting which will cause it to go into limp mode. Dose it feel better when you first start the car?

No, it sucks as soon as I start it. LMAO

It struggles to rev over 3000RPM in any gear and wont hit 80mph on a flat road. Something is wrong.

Woooo chit! Got that high flow exhaust already! Lmao

Just ran the codes and it had a #4 glow plug code and a low boost code.

I am going to try and make some adaptors to pressure test the complete charge air system. Maybe clean the MAP sensor too.

I tried to pull the EGR valve, and couldn’t get it out. Granted I really didn’t pry on it, but I think it may have a ton of carbon keeping it from sliding out.

b6f5b2c514639fb4e967e4fcaade1cb1.jpg

I unplugged the MAF sensor this morning, and went for a drive. It ran better until the check engine light came back on and went back into limp mode I guess. On acceleration the RPM would actually drop as the light came on, so I am leaning towards a bad/dirty MAF sensor. It still really didnt run the way I would expect so it may still have a boost leak or VGT problem... I will tear into it this weekend.

Got it! Had a hole in the only vacuum line that the previous owner didn’t replace... the one that goes to the vgt actuator. lol

Needless to say it’s a totally different car now. Feels like it added another 100hp. Ha

Wow.

I don't understand how the Kerma thing works knowing the vnt is vacuum controlled. I'm missing some piece of information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow.

I don't understand how the Kerma thing works knowing the vnt is vacuum controlled. I'm missing some piece of information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like a regulator to me, I assume it's cutting back the vacume signal to the vnt.

Does anyone make a cheap straight exhaust for these things? I am looking for a turbo back kit that isnt $700...

So I have been driving it for two weeks now, got 31mpg on the first fill-up, but most of that was non-turbocharged until I found the bad vacuum line. Did 36mpg on the second tank, but I am sure that has a lot to do with my driving. I am going to try to get through a tank keeping it under 75mph and see what it does.

I had the windows tinted, got rid of the cat, buffed the paint and fixed a bunch of the little broken pieces in the interior, window switches, center console lid, trunk latch, ect... Its coming along.

I am looking for some cheapo 18s now, should make it look a little more presentable.

Back