Rethink Redding CA

Bponci

rookie
I hope that your able to make Redding happen in 2015. The new owners and managers are really great people and seem willing to go the extra mile!

I agree. I was there at the end of October for the Jefferson State Diesel Drags and made it to the finals (6 rounds) where I had a .005 red light. Due to all the rain we had on Saturday the race was postponed until Sunday. The heavy rain (3 to 5 inches) washed all the rubber off the track so traction was relatively poor. This was the best run event I attended this year. The staging lanes and starting line crews were just the best. Everything was run efficiently, no confusion factors. The tower announcers were great. It is unbelievable that the Redding Drag Strip staff were all volunteers. There was a great turnout, 34 competitors in Sportsman. The Sportsman class was laddered from the very start. Again, it went flawlessly. If there was a way to make a template for how a drag race should be run this was it.

Jim Calhoun

The NHRDA Coming back. We will still have a hopefully bigger and better event next year. They don't want to come back and actually we are going a different direction too. Maybe one day but right now I think we (meaning everyone involved Sponsors, Track and participants) will be just fine without them.

Has anyone actually talked to Randy about them coming back? And if the track is now ran well why wouldn't they?

The NHRDA Coming back. We will still have a hopefully bigger and better event next year. They don't want to come back and actually we are going a different direction too. Maybe one day but right now I think we (meaning everyone involved Sponsors, Track and participants) will be just fine without them.

I'm confused? NHRDA does not want to come back, or am I missing something?

I know a lot goes into planning their schedule, rearranging to squeeze events in and coordinating with MANY different tracks, and that makes last-minute additions almost impossible. I'm really happy to hear that the track is working out well, hopefully we can get a points race back there in the future. I always enjoy racing there, was bummed I missed the Jefferson State event!

Back