47RE Shuttles in/out of lockup

biggy238

I have narrowed my problem down to being water related. Either that or it's duration of drive time.
Anyway. Cruising under light throttle, it will drop out of TCC lock and after watching a scan tool, it's dropping OD too. Only a fraction of a second in most cases. The longest is maybe 5 seconds of lapse.
The pcm and scan tool both know that the solenoids are off.
It isn't the brake switch.
If the solenoids lose supply voltage, does the PCM show off or is the PCM actually commanding the two to shut off? I suspect that the moisture at the fuse block is causing the issue, I lost the cover somehow.

TPS is out of the picture and set at a constant %40. I will look and see if it is dropping though. I didn't watch it this time.

Various. Mostly low throttle input, which would only modulate pressure since the throttle signal is fixed.

you could always lock it directly on the trans, bypass the signal going in and eliminate that entirely as a potential problem. that would give you a good starting point for troubleshooting.
Theres a couple things that will force it to drop out of lockup such as the temp and speed senders, that need to be checked too.

you could always lock it directly on the trans, bypass the signal going in and eliminate that entirely as a potential problem. that would give you a good starting point for troubleshooting.
Theres a couple things that will force it to drop out of lockup such as the temp and speed senders, that need to be checked too.
The wires at the TSS were bare and I repaired them a few years back. I wonder if they might be the issue again since it is moisture related.
I'm almost certain I looked at that though. It's hard to monitor all the involved parameters and not wreck and die

check alternator for a/c voltage output..should not be higher than .1 volts,
i cured mine by wrapping aluminum foil and electrical tape around ground wire from alternator to battery because my alternator still charges good and bearings are still good.

something to do with the diodes doesnt usually get replaced in a reman or rebuilt alternators

just pull the fuse and see if it changes

:) search my user name for threads I've started. It will be easier.

I have 40mV of ripple. Nothing out of hand.

I drove 25 minutes to town to get fuel. It starts jumping at about 20 minutes.
I video 14-15 minutes of the drive back. It does it once, early on and then is fine.
I totally forgot to watch transfer temp.
I did notice the output speed was high when in overdrive, and 1-1 in 3rd.
Shouldn't the shaft speed drop in overdrive?

b2b4859fa8cc0963894e5ecafb0a1e31.jpg

Bare wires. Red and Or/blk

Just looked on PATC and it appears they only have the 3 wire plug for the rh models. $51 on fleabay with the wires isn't a bad price. Specialty automotive plugs and the pins for them get expensive quick.

Back