400% injectors on the street?

IngrahamS

I'm in the process of swapping a Cummins into my 08 ford and have some questions on how "streetable" it will be. The current set up is...
D&J enforcer
S&S 400% injectors
12mm pumps
precision 7685 / pro mod 91
Firepunk comp 3 FMVB

I know it is going to be smokey but will I be able to control it with good tuning and my right foot or should I buy a smaller set for the street and keep the 400's for the track. Thanks

-Stew

My 6.4 was fully built with over 1000hp but I cracked the heads and wanted more power and 6.4 just isn't reliable enough and the heads suck. Talked over a few options with the guys at Midwest diesel and he sold me the enforcer out of his pulling truck hence the 400% injectors. Goal is to break into the 9's eventually.

My 6.4 was fully built with over 1000hp but I cracked the heads and wanted more power and 6.4 just isn't reliable enough and the heads suck. Talked over a few options with the guys at Midwest diesel and he sold me the enforcer out of his pulling truck hence the 400% injectors. Goal is to break into the 9's eventually.

Without coming off as a cheerleader, it may be worth a shot talking with the Firepunk guy's since they've worked so closely with D&J!

Who is tuning it?

I'd sell the injectors and run 200%, plenty of fuel for high 9s. But I think the turbo size will be more of a drivability factor than the big injectors.

Who is tuning it?

I'd sell the injectors and run 200%, plenty of fuel for high 9s. But I think the turbo size will be more of a drivability factor than the big injectors.

I went 9.83@140 in the quad cab long bed with 400 overs and triples. Can daily drive easily with common sense and a good spooling twin setup. My brother Larson is running these 400 overs in his mega cab now and it runs clean.

Lavon

Thanks for the input Lavon, hopefully the precision turbos spool well enough to keep it fairly clean.

-Stew

Back