clutch

97f350stroke

any one running sintered iron disks in there street trucks? thinking about going with a kennys 4000lb dual disk dont know if itd be a good idea or not.

That clutch will hold some power but will be no fun in traffic or in reverse.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

Haha I've drove a few trucks with southbend dd 3250 and it felt like stock. But I just sent mine out to kennys yesterday and I'm going with the sintered iron disks

My nephew put a single disc sintered iron in his, every time he takes off it shudders, shakes, grabs and jerks, good way to twist a input shaft off, he did.
Why do you want a dual sintered iron clutch, are you making that much power, planing to race or pull, it would certainly be my last choice for a street clutch.

3250 and 4000 are two different animals. I wouldn't buy a sinter ironed clutch for street use. But that's just me. In the end it's your truck and can do with it as you please.
Destroked- that's the nature of a big single! Grabby shudders hard to drive with. My .02 is they're not worth the money you save and would just buy a dual disk.

Last edited:
I went with a organic-ceramic single for my Fummins tow rig, but not looking to go over 400 hp. I've hauled several loads with it on mainly local roads, mostly 25-28k lbs gcvw, hasn't slipped yet, won't be loading it heavy until crop season starts.
Takes off smooth, stock pedal feel, shifts easy, I do understand this isn't something for guy's with big power but for under 400 hp it does fine and is a third the price of a dual disc.

They're okay, but not the best. They squeal sometimes, shudder a bit. I've pulled heavy trailer quite a lot and can deal with it.

The bonus is that they're almost impossible to destroy. I blew the countershaft out of my transmission and all I had was 4th gear. I drove 30 miles home dealing with plenty of stops and starts slipping it like no other, grossing about 25k and the discs were fine. I touched everything up in the flywheel grinder and put it back in.

I have a fresh nv4500 with big input and I'm running a 475 single with gate and spray so I needed something that would hold a little over 750hp. I looked at street triple disks but there $$$$

Back