Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Introductions.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introductions. Take a moment to Introduce yourself here. Tell us about yourself and your rig!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #1
trevor72

Name: trevor72
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Common rail fan from BC Canada

Hi all,

Mostly I'm just here to sell off a few things left over from my truck that was sold a couple years ago. But since I never post here, I may as well share my past rig.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2342386_n.jpg (67.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg trevor__72.jpg (114.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110605_142634.jpg (448.8 KB, 0 views)

Old 11-16-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
Blueboy

Name: Blueboy
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Did you red the rules, I don't think you cant advertise with only one post.

Old 11-16-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
trevor72

Member`s Gallery
I believe it's after 10 posts. So that's why I'm here.

Old 11-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #4
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor72 View Post
Hi all,

Mostly I'm just here to sell off a few things left over from my truck that was sold a couple years ago. But since I never post here, I may as well share my past rig.
So, what was it, drivetrain and options??
Mods? Things you learned from it?

Mark.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:54 PM   #5
trevor72

Member`s Gallery
Thanks. I had a buddy who was much more up on things, so I usually just log in to read.

06 Cummins Dually, 6spd, 4x4 on Pete wheels, twin turbo, southbend twins disk, EFI live with an Idaho Rob's tune, I'll try to find more photos.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:57 PM   #6
trevor72

Member`s Gallery
Also mark, I learned that blowing up third gear on smarty tnt7 on first run with twins.... that buying a pretty new truck at the time a new g56 sucked for the bank. Haha.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:30 AM   #7
Mark Nixon

Member`s Gallery
I think some guys have fun breaking parts, until it keeps being expensive.

My views on a G-56 and performance is that it wasn't designed for abuse, much less for hauling 50,000 pounds up the Rockies, which is gross abuse, in my mind.
It's a mediocre trans, in my opinion a schit design.

"In 2004-1/2 Cummins built a 325HP engine, in 2005-1/2 Mercedes built a 300HP transmission, the G-56, to go behind it."

Mark.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:20 PM   #8
displacedtexan

Name: displacedtexan
Title: $500 PREMIUM MEMBER
Member`s Gallery
Good luck with spamming posts to sell your crap.

You must not have read much.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:20 AM   #9
trevor72

Member`s Gallery
ya the g-56 always shifted great and everything, but if i was doing it again with a stick i would likely try to source something different, i always liked the idea of the newer zf6 with its three support bearing design.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:46 AM   #10
Mark Nixon

Member`s Gallery
Dodge always tended to have substandard transmissions, no matter whether they are auto or manual.
The NV5600 is a heavy, crappy shifting turd, the NV4500 has a big 5th gear problem, that's somewhat been addressed.
It also has a wide gear spacing, with large gear splits, which are a carryover from the 4 speed manual days.

Their 4 speed automatics (47RH, 47RE, 48RE) tend to be problems, but fortunately a few aftermarket companies have a handle on those issues.
The 68RFE is a qualified disaster, having too many under-sized parts for 325+ hp.

The GM ZF-6 seems to have a very good reputation for durability, from what comments I have seen about them.
As does the Ford version.

I truly think Dodge doesn't do much R&D that involves real world situations, such as pulling 35k plus for 10s of thousands of miles, or driving through high altitudes pulling heavy trailers.
Never mind the lack of R&D and such on their front end steering components, which is apparent by all of the recalls on said components in the last decade+.

Mark.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:50 AM   #11
trevor72

Member`s Gallery
I found a shot of the somewhat cleaned up completed engine bay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110704_135843.JPG (93.3 KB, 0 views)

Closed Thread