Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Pro Pulling League(PPL)
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #41
05_LLY

Name: 05_LLY
Title: Hi Im earth, have we met?
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTPULLINCHASSIS View Post
In my opinion the best set of rules for the 2.6 class would be a combination of PPL and FPP 2.6 rules.

Use FPP's turbo rule and PPL's rules for everything else as long as they do like they discussed at the meeting. (solid susp. allowed and no leaf springs or rear brakes required). This should make it simple for techs and cut some cost for pullers also.
I agree, the no rear springs/shocks would be nice, especially being I gotta do a new housing anyway right now, the brakes for me, we gotta keep anyhow, us whacked out automatic folks need our brakes!!! !!

Old 11-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #42
cumins01

Name: cumins01
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
In my opinion the best set of rules for the 2.6 class would be a combination of PPL and FPP 2.6 rules.

Use FPP's turbo rule and PPL's rules for everything else as long as they do like they discussed at the meeting. (solid susp. allowed and no leaf springs or rear brakes required). This should make it simple for techs and cut some cost for pullers also.
That would be nice. Be easier to stup your chassis

Old 11-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #43
kjpcummins

Name: kjpcummins
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBED View Post
The way the turbo rules are right now with PPL both classes, 2.6 and 3.0 are basically unlimited single classes. Both run a .250 map groove and the way they are setting the bores they are all unlimited. It would save thousands of dollars to throw the clipped wheel crap out and set a smooth bore 83mm class and a 104mm class since that's what they are clipping to each class. Tractors do it to stop this stuff but the trucks don't!
I dont see anything wrong with this but the turbos would need to be smaller. Because a smoothbore 83mm will make alot more power than the current 2.6 class turbo. Better match would be a smoothbore 3x4 or alittle smaller. Top smoothbore turbos would still cost the same as the current turbos now.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #44
house

Name: house
Title: the Fat kid!
Member`s Gallery
was wheelbase addressed by chance in 3.0 that's only thing stopping me going that way , since have a cclb
2013 VW Jetta TDI..

Old 11-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #45
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04jimc View Post
Matt, what is different about this than what FPP is doing to us this year? At least it sounds like PPL had a rules meeting, whereas we are getting ignored. The one year the vast majority of pullers want changes, FPP decides to stiff them.
Well, I can call FPP at any time just like the rest of you can. I don't have a "gold card membership" so to that extent we're all in the same boat, but I will say that I have always had a good relationship with FPP.

Put yourself in their shoes. Do they have a compelling reason to change for themselves? It's pretty clear that the class works as-is from a production standpoint and the fairs have been getting results that are acceptable.

So if there is some ground-swelling of a shift in pullers' desires, then that needs to be communicated to FPP. I don't know if that has happened or not, or how well it has been handled. But I can tell you that a Facebook Free-for-All discussion is probably not the best way to go about communicating a vision. What that FB thing did (IMO) was create a "you're either for us, or against us" situation and that is almost never the best way to come to an agreement, and quite honestly, creates a lot more enemies than friends.

I would have handled this in a far different way. But hindsight is always 20-20. In my experience, though, with the truck rules, FPP has always been pretty open and provided a lot of access that is not available at other organizations. This year has been the only exception and maybe we can still have a productive conversation about it. I don't think the fat lady has sung so I hope the dialogue can continue.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #46
05_LLY

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpadmax View Post
Well, I can call FPP at any time just like the rest of you can. I don't have a "gold card membership" so to that extent we're all in the same boat, but I will say that I have always had a good relationship with FPP.

Put yourself in their shoes. Do they have a compelling reason to change for themselves? It's pretty clear that the class works as-is from a production standpoint and the fairs have been getting results that are acceptable.

So if there is some ground-swelling of a shift in pullers' desires, then that needs to be communicated to FPP. I don't know if that has happened or not, or how well it has been handled. But I can tell you that a Facebook Free-for-All discussion is probably not the best way to go about communicating a vision. What that FB thing did (IMO) was create a "you're either for us, or against us" situation and that is almost never the best way to come to an agreement, and quite honestly, creates a lot more enemies than friends.

every current USA east 2.6 member was included in the FB conversation, except 1, he was contacted by phone. all but 2 pullers were for or atleast didn't oppose the rule change. it actually worked better then a sit down meeting like you want, even RJ agrees on that, what are the chances of getting 20 some members together at one time in one place? along with a few members that pull the the EEP and Global series.

I would have handled this in a far different way. But hindsight is always 20-20. In my experience, though, with the truck rules, FPP has always been pretty open and provided a lot of access that is not available at other organizations. This year has been the only exception and maybe we can still have a productive conversation about it. I don't think the fat lady has sung so I hope the dialogue can continue.
Good luck.....

Last edited by 05_LLY; 11-08-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #47
DISTURBED

Name: DISTURBED
Title: YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by house View Post
was wheelbase addressed by chance in 3.0 that's only thing stopping me going that way , since have a cclb
To my knowledge it stayed the same. Really the only thing stopping you isn't the wheelbase its the unwillingness to meet the current rules! Its a lot easier to cut a truck down that's to long then lengthen 100 trucks already running. You guys running these long trucks think they need to change the rules so you can fit when in reality you need to change to fit the rules

01 CTD Retired sled puller, dedicated "Twin Turbo" tow rig
96 CTD "TOO" Disturbed 3.0 - Built by Disturbed Diesel Performance
96 CTD "The Sickness" 2.6/2.8- Built by Disturbed Diesel Performance

Old 11-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #48
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_LLY View Post
Good luck.....
So it was an awesome job of collecting puller opinion; did it change FPP's direction?

If not...how effective was it really? Nice e-conversation that failed to achieve the mission?

I guess we all find out in a few weeks.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #49
HIGH TECH RAM

Name: HIGH TECH RAM
Title: Haters!
Member`s Gallery
I guess all this doesn't matter. They don't tech half the stuff anyways and if they do they don't know what there looking at.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #50
ikeG

Name: ikeG
Title: Oughta Know Better
Member`s Gallery
We have really de-railed PPL thread here.
By what RJ said yesterday eve, he is leaning towards adopting 3 to 4 things from the PPL rulebook. Not a wholesale conversion of them, but we will take what we can get.

Chris, if youre not gonna pull, why not tech. Ive always said the pullers themselves are the only ones capable of teching/knowing what they are looking at.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #51
05_LLY

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04jimc View Post
We have really de-railed PPL thread here.
By what RJ said yesterday eve, he is leaning towards adopting 3 to 4 things from the PPL rulebook. Not a wholesale conversion of them, but we will take what we can get.

Chris, if youre not gonna pull, why not tech. Ive always said the pullers themselves are the only ones capable of teching/knowing what they are looking at.
Same i got from RJ!

I aggree...Chris for tech 2014.... bring josh along too!

Old 11-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #52
dickshaker

Name: dickshaker
Title: The real sled watcher
Member`s Gallery

Old 11-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #53
Pudge

Name: Pudge
Member`s Gallery
Just for clarification here, but when they say solid suspension will be (may be) allowed in 2.6, does that mean 3.0 style that's laddered full length?

Old 11-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #54
SledPuller21

Name: SledPuller21
Title: Never enough
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Agreed ^
2013 USA-East Open 2.6 points champion
Apex Diesel Performance & Machine

Old 11-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #55
rawdog

Name: rawdog
Member`s Gallery
So, does anyone have a clue when any changes will be set in stone where others can read? And when will FPP do the same. Its build/change time!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #56
PTPULLINCHASSIS

Name: PTPULLINCHASSIS
Title: DEALS ON REAL WHEELS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
Just for clarification here, but when they say solid suspension will be (may be) allowed in 2.6, does that mean 3.0 style that's laddered full length?
According to the rules you could always do this as long as it bolted in and wasn't welded.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #57
97crewcab

Name: 97crewcab
Title: Wrong.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
According to the rules you could always do this as long as it bolted in and wasn't welded.
Sounds like this year the only difference may be deleting the one or two leaf springs left and a couple shocks.

Hopefully the rule changes will be up soon. We are coming up on fall meetings in the next couple weeks.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #58
kjpcummins

Name: kjpcummins
Member`s Gallery
Since it sounds like you wont have to run rear suspension or rear brakes. Was there any discussion on gutting the bed. Without leaf springs you could tuck the tires under the truck but you would have clearance issues with the inner fender wells.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #59
ramtough01

Name: ramtough01
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

What is FPP's turbo rule?

Ramtough | Teespring

Old 11-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #60
SledPuller21

Name: SledPuller21
Title: Never enough
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramtough01 View Post
What is FPP's turbo rule?
Currently 2.65 inducer no protrusion required with .250 mwe.
2013 USA-East Open 2.6 points champion
Apex Diesel Performance & Machine

Closed Thread