world finals results

Jerry ran a 10.30 at something like 132 mph in the 2nd round, but lost to the eventual winner who ran a 10.0 that pass (after having run a 10.4x the pass before, so Jerry appeared to have him covered). The good news is that his truck worked well despite the brand new combination, and he was able to drive it back on the trailer under its own power!

I will try to get some results posted tonight , still have a 25 hour drive home trying to get to Salt Lake tonight.

Thanks to all the competitors that traveled to the World Finals we had over 100 competitors competitng for title of World Champion. I have to admit it was dominated by the West Coast and Canadian competitors.

So everyone has 6 months to get their winter projects done and we will kick it back off in March in Arizona

Did anyone happen to remember (or better yet, catch on video) our MPH on the pass against the Banks truck? I know the ET was 8.801, and the mph was 154.xx, can't remember the last 2 digits of the mph. The timeslip got lost, probably blew away in the wind as we were packing things up.

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

Wow, what a weekend. I'll start with a big Thanks to Randy and the whole NHRDA crew for doing a great job with the 2010 season and the first ever World Finals, it was a good turn out and a great time!
I found myself at the track with several new and untested parts from a bad break just two weekends prior and weather not allowing testing after the rebuild and fresh tune up, so I was pretty uncertain of a few things going in. Goal was to get my qualifing passes in w/o breaking to assure making the finals wich netted e.t.'s of only 9.6x 9.4x and 9.0x. I loaded the big tune up in the car for the finals and just flat could'nt get it down the track it blew the tires off at the touch of the throttle no matter where the car was down track. It would'nt have made much diff. anyhow the car didnt have what it would have taken to beat the Banks guys anyhow [7.77], I felt the car had a 7.90/8.0 in it and felt that would have been enough after seeing thier 8.5x pass but.... Wess made a great pass earning the win, Congrat's to those guys for a great job. I had also never tryed to leave that hard [60+ lbs. boost on both kits; Lol] and this resulted in the car pushing through the trans brake a bit turning on the red light for me .324 early, so it was really over before it started but I sooo wanted to get the Altered down the track with that kind of a tune up to see what was really in it. Bruces truck did well placing 3rd in Pro Street and running great for him all weekend, we had a great time. Also meet a lot of new people and got to put faces with names finally which was great, couple diff. teams out there it seems are very interested in taking this car over after my last race in a couple weeks so that would be great to see it stay in the Diesel community, I have it sold here localy if I choose to but it's unfortuntly going to get a big block chevy in place of this 12v Cummins; I hope this dont happen. Hats off again to all the racers that travled from all over the Country to make this happen it was a great time!
Ryan Tucker

Max'd Out was running really well on Saturday and running tune #3 of 5 to take it easy on things as I was running both Pro Street and Super Street.

#1 qualifier for Super Street at a 9.94 and #2 qualifier for Pro Street at 9.7x. Truck was weighted for super street and running street tires.

Backed up the new Super Street record for et and mph 9.94 ET and 138.94mph before the tranny quit me in 1st round of Pro Street. I was planning on turning the truck up for Sundays super street races to lower that, but bad luck.

Great event, great fan turn out, great competition, great competitors, and a great organization.

It's been a trying year for us, for sure. Nice to have the Super Street record to hold on to a high point for the off season.

I had a good time watching on Saturday.
Ryan I stopped and looked at your car for a while when the first rain started but you were busy talking with others so I left you alone. Looks like a fun ride!

I was very impressed with the trucks there. It has given us some motivation to get our short box running again, after it took a back seat to the puller this year. Hopefully the world finals comes back to Topeka next year..... without the rain!

Heres a good one of seths 1/8th miles burnout
62244_468275921467_612571467_6832514_4312576_n.jpg

Did anyone happen to remember (or better yet, catch on video) our MPH on the pass against the Banks truck? I know the ET was 8.801, and the mph was 154.xx, can't remember the last 2 digits of the mph. The timeslip got lost, probably blew away in the wind as we were packing things up.

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

I'll try to get a vid of it up soon.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6dG3W41hiI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6dG3W41hiI[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rNGaCwjLHg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rNGaCwjLHg[/ame]

its nice to talk about all the fast trucks that some folks come to see but what about all the sportsman ET folks that came in and raced not knocking the program you all had made up but maybe a little more emphasis could have been put up for the largest class ? just my .02 and I had a great time btw also

Randy if you would hollar at me my number is 5200, ive got a few ideas to try and help ya out !

Great seeing really fast trucks out last weekend...and I got some great shots!

Here's a link to a few I uploaded....start tagging away!

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

By the end of the week...photos will be loaded on the NHRDA website, all the photos will be available for purchase and/or download!

Congrats to all 2010 NHRDA World Champions

Wes Anderson - 2010 Top Diesel World Champion

Chad Riley - 2010 Pro Stock World Champion

Donavan Harris - 2010 Pro Street World Champion

Brian Spooner - 2010 Super Street World Champion

Dean Sheldon - 2010 Sportsman Et World Champion

Back