turbo? what one should i get..

cvr5.9

i am looking to get a 64/14/71.. but what should i get or what is the diff. between BD's Super B Special, High Tech Quick Diesel (64), and Industrial Injection - Super Phat Shaft 64.. i do not care about price.. i want specs. power. workmanship.. etc..

all of the chargers u listed above would be good for your truck, but i would recommend a high tech 64/71/13ss for the best spool up and can withstand the most amout on heat...just my .02

what about a sviler 64 or is the exhaust side to big.. b/c i do still want to be able to tow ok..

Have you talked to the guys at Engineered Diesel? They can definitely guide you in the right direction for your application.

I am a E.D. guy hands down. They are honest and dont rape you with off the shelf turbo parts.

HTT and I.I. think they have something special, but all the turbos are Borg Warner or Schwitzer off the shelf parts.

For example, I bought a HTT 62/65/14 turbo 3 years ago for $1100 with the downpipe including shipping. They now want $1700 for the same turbo without a downpipe and no shipping. Thing is, the turbo hasnt changed!

is there i big diff. between a 13 and 14 wastegate?? i do not know alot about turbos..

its not a 13 and 14 wastegate size, it is the size of the exhaust housing. the 13ss exhaust housing will help with spool up when towing but be restricted on the top end, where the 14 will be a little bit more laggy but will have a better top end.

anyone.. lol

i am driving with a 62/71/13ss from high tech it spools quick and has good street manners. Little bit laggier than stock turbo. It also doesnt hit and pull as hard as the silver 66 just didnt want the laggy 66 anymore.

well i ordered a sliver 64.. i was going to go with a 62 but whatever.. i guess i will see how i like it.. should be on by this weekend.

Back