Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Dyno Forum
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dyno Forum Discuss Dyno Tuning, and Post those Graphs Here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:38 PM   #21
CookCR

Name: CookCR
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
duke how bout you go run with robs truck down the strip or go to a sledpull and settle it, and lets not hear a bunch of excuses...

Old 06-15-2006, 07:52 PM   #22
TwiztedMetal

Name: TwiztedMetal
Title: cummins crusaider
Member`s Gallery
im not taking sides at all, but it seems like every time either of you offer to run eachother...neither of you show up, then bring a ton of excuses. i wanna see what happens when these two guys run. Obviously rob is gonna spank him in the quarter, Mike has a stick and looses boost on every shift. DUHR! next tarded point, Rob is gonna outpull him because he has a super long wheel base, and an auto tranny (once more). The 6.0 is not a better engine than the Cummins. the Torque shift is not a better tranny than the NV4500 or NV5600. that cummins will hold tons of power till the cows come home, and the NV4500 needs a good clutch and will do the same. When those 6.0s get high into the HP they are gonna need bottom end work, and after half the number of mods the cummins gets(hp wise) the Torque shift needs some components. With that said the aftermarket for the cummins is damn near infinite. The 6.0s market is just emerging what with Bean making injectors and turbos as fast as he can get cores, and ATS spending countless hours in the R&D room...

Its not really a whos is bigger match, its whos truck has certain qualitys.

Just my .02

2001 audi A4 grocery getter, tune, intake, exhaust

Last edited by TwiztedMetal; 06-15-2006 at 07:56 PM.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:36 PM   #23
duke1n

Name: duke1n
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
lol Greg.

Some seem to be mistaking the seriousness of myself and Robbie. It's more like I'm just twistin his chain cause I can and deep inside he wants to beat me in the worst way although I doubt he loses any sleep over it. I really was looking forward to seeing him at GAM's but he was busy paying ATS a bunch of money to make that 6.0 be able to sorta compete. Not sure if he does any of the wrenching himself or not. That said if I really gave a chit I would go bust my truck pulling with him. Nahh... I don't feel like yankin a tranny to replace a nearly new Con FE that I tried to stuff 1150ft lbs through with a sled draggin behind. No, if you've been paying attention you'd know that I'm working on beating Robbie where it will hurt him most... on the strip. Just having trouble so far finding someone to build the slush box that I want. Anyone know of a good builder who knows how to build a reverse pattern, manual VB, with a tight converter that will hold 6-700hp and not rattle your brains when shifting?

Hey Cook, I'm always curious why people put parts in their sig that are sitting on the shelf? I'm going to fill out my sig with Billet P-Pump, Ginormous single turbo, and a whole lot of gogo gas... calculated 950hp producing 10.68 @ 126... hey it's coming lol

Last edited by duke1n; 06-15-2006 at 10:41 PM.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:50 PM   #24
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
........ I think this was about how Dyno-Jets work or something. Maybe it was how accurate they are or why they are not?

Dukie-1, can you tell us more about how they work? Why DJets don't seem to be at the top of everyone's list? Heck, why is the SuperFlow so dead-on. Then again, why is David Dunbars Dyno DEAD ON every time? (You do know it's a portable Dyno-Jet, right? )

Old 06-15-2006, 11:07 PM   #25
duke1n

Member`s Gallery
Come on man... everytime I try and lighten things up one of you dorks has to get their panties in a bunch. Where did I ever say one dyno on one day was more "dead-on" than the next dyno or even the same dyno on a different day? They are all relative to many things such at air density and what CF they are configured with. Density is effected by many things such as altitude, temperature, humidity, and atmoshperic pressure that are usually different from day to day. I have no clue why anyone likes one dyno or over the other. I know why some people like an inertia dyno like a DynoJet better than a load dyno like a Superflow... those load dynos will put a hurtin on your truck. Inertia dynos don't apply a lengthy, full boost, transition from start to end. That said I'll run on the Dynojet at PFI this fall at the big Powerstroke, Cummings, and DMax club's ho down here in Colorado this fall. If the trend between these two dynos over the last 3 years holds my truck will go over 600hp pretty easy on fuel on that DynoJet. Won't do much down low without some juice to light the turbo but we're workin on that

Hey, instead of getting bunched up over a little friendly trash talk, tell me who can build the tranny I want lmao

Old 06-15-2006, 11:27 PM   #26
duke1n

Member`s Gallery
Guys, I forgot. I'm thinking for my 10.68 pass I'll probably have to invest in some of these. Your thoughts?

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:31 PM   #27
CookCR

Name: CookCR
Member`s Gallery
When you spend over 3K on something you like to talk about it, thats why its in my signiture... i must have missed the post saying whats proper signiture etiquette, got a link for me?

Old 06-15-2006, 11:35 PM   #28
Burner

Member`s Gallery
........so, now we're all dorks? ...........thanks Mr. Nice Guy.

I take that you like my sig? You're in CO, why don't ya tell us what kind'a "Slush Box" you gunn'a get or is this more "talk" and no action?

Last edited by Burner; 06-15-2006 at 11:37 PM.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #29
Burner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke1n
Guys, I forgot. I'm thinking for my 10.68 pass I'll probably have to invest in some of these. Your thoughts?

Click the image to open in full size.

You don't know Jack, Jill or even where the hill is.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:43 PM   #30
duke1n

Member`s Gallery
LMAO is it the chrome that is turning you off?

Sorry if you took offense Cook. I don't blame ya man.

Man you guys are wound tight...

Old 06-15-2006, 11:47 PM   #31
Burner

Member`s Gallery
.......if it had LED's it might work. Then again, two of them might work even better.

I thought you had a 4x4? You need something like these with a 4x4?

Old 06-15-2006, 11:49 PM   #32
duke1n

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner
I take that you like my sig? You're in CO, why don't ya tell us what kind'a "Slush Box" you gunn'a get or is this more "talk" and no action?
I thought I just did... a reverse pattern, manual VB, with a tight converter? I have not talked to Clint yet but I did chat with one of his old employees for awhile. I need to call Clint I guess...

Old 06-15-2006, 11:55 PM   #33
duke1n

Member`s Gallery
Well, I do have a lifted 4x4 but even with the indexed t-case I would have front driveshaft issues. Want to run a 2wd tranny and get ride of the t-case. I haven't had the front shaft in it for a couple years. It's parked inside in the winter Yeah, traction will be an issue but will probably also help the tranny live too.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:58 PM   #34
Burner

Member`s Gallery
I said my sig as a jest...you didn't get that.

I said CO is where you are after the VB crap.... you didn't get that.

I guess I'm just too wound up as a dork to talk to ya. Then again, this is a DYNO thread and you're F'n it up with BS about YOUR truck and YOUR bs about what YOU need to do to it.

How about you start YOUR OWN topic and we'll go from there........

I like banter as well, just not in someone elses thread.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:07 AM   #35
duke1n

Member`s Gallery
Didn't I provide you some dyno edumication up above with all my "dyno specific" posting? Wasn't me that got it off topic lol.

That's pretty cool how you italicize and bold your key words above for extra impact. How did you do that lol???

Old 06-16-2006, 07:20 AM   #36
TwiztedMetal

Name: TwiztedMetal
Title: cummins crusaider
Member`s Gallery
alright ladies....thats enough. Lets get back on topic!

2001 audi A4 grocery getter, tune, intake, exhaust

Old 06-16-2006, 08:49 AM   #37
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
this is getting fun....shall I move the thread to the banter forum?
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 06-16-2006, 08:57 AM   #38
gunracer1

Name: gunracer1
Member`s Gallery
if you spray, the correction factor should be thrown out. and as was stated earlier, the cf factors should never be more than 6% in the worst of conditions for a turbo diesel.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #39
duke1n

Member`s Gallery
Don't totally disagree about spraying but specifically how did you arrive at 6% as the max threshold? I think I can give you a specific example of real world conditions where 6% would not be enough... not even close. You go first.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:48 PM   #40
gunracer1

Name: gunracer1
Member`s Gallery
i find it funny i drive my truck from 300' to 6000' and i can't tell a bit of differance as far as set of the pants go. but i guess the big #s that don't ever seem to get repeated, in the lower elevations has nothing to do with my opinion.

Closed Thread