Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Here is the truck from when i was doing logging, dumping the wood chips out.

2010-11-24162625-1.jpg

My brother in law has a dumper like that they use to dump chips at his pellet plant.

This is what I drive on occasion, 1995 Ford L9000 Cummins making with an Eaton Fuller 8spd behind it.

dsq3973-albums-misc+pictures-picture152044-dscn0286.jpg

I always love going out west to and seeing the real trucks pulling combo trailers. What do you guys gross pulling those.

anywhere from 105,500 in washington to 108,000 and 110,000 in montana. i can only haul 110k (legally) if im bridged out 20 feet behind my lead trailer, i have two scale tickets this last week where i was over 120k gross LOL i only did that because i didnt have to go through any weigh stations

Last edited:
i assume the reason for the drop axles mid-trailer is that you guys are not allowed to pull doubles? trailers like that would SCREW our bridge weight laws LOL

i assume the reason for the drop axles mid-trailer is that you guys are not allowed to pull doubles? trailers like that would SCREW our bridge weight laws LOL
We CAN pull doubles (like B-Trains) but they still limit you to 120k with a permit (steel coils only) and have a heavier empty weight so in OH and KY you can haul less with trains. The lift axles are for MI only, they don't allow any more weight in OH although you can use them if you wish. The bridge laws are stupid.

we cant make any money pulling B-trains, we have a couple sets of A-trains, but canada really doesn't like to see those, almost all our trailers are R-Tac hoppers (35 foot lead, 30 foot pup)

we cant make any money pulling B-trains, we have a couple sets of A-trains, but canada really doesn't like to see those, almost all our trailers are R-Tac hoppers (35 foot lead, 30 foot pup)
Yea but at least you can back up a B-train, not so easy with an A-train.:hehe:

Just a guess but google says: Truck and Bus Glossary
A-Train
"A-TRAIN" - (Slang) a truck tractor pulling more than one trailer connected by "A" dollies
Like this:
conway_frt_frtlnr_fld_slpr_dbls_big_springs_ne_07.jpg

"B-Train"
"B-TRAIN" - (Slang) a truck tractor pulling two semi trailers where the second trailer sits on a fifth wheel that is permanently attached and extends off the rear of the lead trailer. Most commonly used on flatbeds or tank trailers. The "B"train is considered a more stable double trailers configuration.
More like this:
600px-Lindsay_Transport_B-Double.jpg

But that's just a guess

the ones we pull are called "R-tac's" 35 foot lead trailer with a 30 foot pup and an extendable/retractable tongue on the pup

truckinpics127.jpg

Now out west like Montanna they try to make the tongue long so you can get more weight because they measure off you steer axle and the rear drive right. I drive a truck in IN and we just have pretty much set weight limits on axles not really on length.
Ive delivered some stone slingers in Bozeman and stayed out there for a couple weeks.

Back