Baca BOOM!

And when do they stop using correction factors with turbocharged and nitroused engines ?

On the West coast? Never.

In terms of run time 5 minutes is max usually but don't know there is any hard and fast rule. I can probably run mine at idle for way longer but if I make a full hard pass I can't hot lap it back around.

I don't have any idea on max rpms but I've had mine to 7000 and it lived. At that point rod bolts or bearings are probably more of an issue than the block.

What is the turnaround time for you guys if you had to re-hook?

7k? Holy sheet :aiwebs_016::aiwebs_016:

I'm guessing that was unintended RPM. :doh:
It is amazing to me, and not understood by many, exactly what is required to build productive power.

Kids today. :hehe:

It should be called "virtual horsepower". It's like beating up Jon Jones on playstation, and considering yourself a bad ass.

On the West coast? Never.

What is the turnaround time for you guys if you had to re-hook?

I think a minimum of 30 minutes. With some ice on the head and leaf blowers on the block you can get it cooled fairly quickly. I think the fastest I've ever turned it around is 15-20 minutes but didn't make a hard pass the first time.

And no 7k was not intended it was just a looser track and spinning at the end but 6100-6200 down the track isn't that unusual. For me a good pass will start to let the clutch out around 4500, drag down to 3800-4000 once fully engaged, back to 5500 around mid track and hopefully a hooked up 6000-6200 when I spin out at the end.

Last edited:
Found this on insta this morning. 6.7 with billet pump and what appeared to be twins
a89e3831bc20963ed40e404cc88f2c53.jpg

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

What's the wheel speed on that run you described takedown?

4000 RPM=34 MPH
5000 RPM=42 MPH
5500 RPM=46.5 MPH
6000 RPM=50 MPH

Hoping for mid-30's to upper 30's for peak ground speed

Personally, I've never had peak ground speed greater than 27 MPH but not sure how accurate that is given the fact that I have put feet on others that have peak speeds of > 30 MPH.

Hey Jeff,
I'm not sure if I could find them on my own, but do you have any video posted of your pulls anywhere ?

Hey Jeff,
I'm not sure if I could find them on my own, but do you have any video posted of your pulls anywhere ?

Pretty sure you're not on Insta or Facebook but if you are I have a few posted on there. Otherwise if you look up Haisley Machine's You Tube Channel Patty always posts the class there.

ARP Super Stock Diesel 4x4 Truck Class in Farley, IA with Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League - YouTube 3:24 in
ARP SUPER STOCK DIESEL 4X4 CLASS IN FARLEY, IA AT 300 RACEWAY FRIDAY NIGHT AUGUST 14, 2020 - YouTube 1:24 in

Are the last two I think. Scheid isn't up there.

Back