Swap fuel plates to help lean out bottom end response?

I finally messed with my afc today. If I put it all the way back it doesn't want to start. I have to hit the go peddle to get it to start all the time but this time I had to hold the peddle a 1/4 throttle to get it to start. So I slid it up a 1/16 and its back to normal no smoke till 10psi so its better than what it was. I may play with my plate a little to see if I can cut the smoke a little more since my 100 plate has the curve at the bottom.

Wildman,

read back to what Jim & Ron were talking about earlier - leave the housing full rear, and turn the pre-boost screw 1/2 turn at a time until you achieve desired results

**the pre-boost screw is a more precise method of doing so than sliding the housing**

Sliding the housing forward moves the rack farther forward throughout the entire power range. The pre boost will allow the truck to start and will only change the first couple mm's of the rack travel.

No, I fiddled with the pre-boost some and that's about it. It's still in the plans.... but I'm also working on my dad's 77 gremlin, and it's got to get back on the road first

Thanks for the info Jim and Ron. It's all starting to slowly make sense. Tuning these things is a PITA for a beginner like myself. It's not as easy as pluging in a programer and going like the other's I've owned or as easy as a VE IMO. Your knowledge and experience is appreciated.

Thanks for the info Jim and Ron. It's all starting to slowly make sense. Tuning these things is a PITA for a beginner like myself. It's not as easy as pluging in a programer and going like the other's I've owned or as easy as a VE IMO. Your knowledge and experience is appreciated.

Just remember we were new too at one time, I've been messing with 12V's (mostly mine) for 10 years now, I take bits of info from everyone and use it, do you realize that I was at 600 hp with a non-benched 180 pump and didn't even know to swap the AFC washers.

Jim

Just remember we were new too at one time, I've been messing with 12V's (mostly mine) for 10 years now, I take bits of info from everyone and use it, do you realize that I was at 600 hp with a non-benched 180 pump and didn't even know to swap the AFC washers.

Jim

That's pretty impressive. I'm hoping to get this little old school 180 to 500, for now LOL.

Back