05 engine knocking

jedeka

I was pulling an empty seed tender to a meeting a few days ago with my 05. Truck has 70,000 on complete overhaul. I started hearing a ticking noise, when driving down the road. I opened up the hood and thought it was an exhaust gasket. I continued on down the road and the noise started getting louder. Engine had good oil pressure and seemed to be firing on all cylinders. I pulled into a convenience store and looked under the engine. Sounded like a rod or rod bolt hitting the oil pan and had white blow by from the tube. I quickly shut truck off and called the tow truck. I’m curious what happened and what the issue is. I checked oil level after tow truck dropped off my truck. Oil level is in upper safe zone. I’m wondering if a valve seat didn’t drop. That would explain knocking noise and blow by, but thought I should have one cylinder not firing.

I dropped a valve seat on my 07 with the cruise set down the highway. It ran rough obviously and my check engine came on because of the misfire. Also, it was an intake valve so if you listened carefully you could hear it chugging, or trying to push air back through the air filter.

Back