Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 02:50 PM   #61
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachu812 View Post
Gee I learned more in this thread than I did getting my BSEE, thanks Kevin. Have you thought about being a turbo consultant for all the OEMs? Could easily double that $400k in commission.

I am a little skeptical that on a roofs the commissions are 30%+. The profit on the roof might be 30%+. I could be wrong though.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 12-28-2018, 03:34 PM   #62
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
I am a little skeptical that on a roofs the commissions are 30%+. The profit on the roof might be 30%+. I could be wrong though.
He did make like 500k on a water jug delivery route?

Old 12-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #63
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmega3500 View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
Bye dhickhead !

Old 12-29-2018, 07:02 AM   #64
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmega3500 View Post
Texas is one of the highest paying markets for roofing.

This roof is 82sq which is based on a 22% waste factor on the 68sq that's being replaced.

I make 40% after cost of material and labor. This roof will only cost about $18-20k to build total.... y'all can do the math lol. And I've literally spent less than 3hrs on the deal.

The price at the top of the pic is the insurance company's approved replacement value.

This was from 1 small 30sq roof...

Evidently I can’t do the math. 41000(top number)-20000(material cost) * .4= 8400(your commission). So 8400/51000=16.4%. Your previous story was 400k/1300k=30.7%. So the “math” doesn’t add up, but hey it is your story....
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 12-29-2018, 07:08 AM   #65
JWhite

Name: JWhite
Title: Trained monkey
Member`s Gallery
So now he's bragging about his income? Wtf? Can we move his useless bs over to another thread, I'm sure the OP is real happy where this went...

Old 12-29-2018, 09:05 AM   #66
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
This guy is so fukkin cool

North American Turbo

Old 12-29-2018, 09:05 AM   #67
RascalMafia

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Member`s Gallery
Get this thread back on track.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Old 12-30-2018, 02:04 PM   #68
Smokem

Name: Smokem
Title: Turbler
Member`s Gallery
Against my better judgement I'm going to correct some misinformation that was posted earlier in this thread.

1. A radial compressor creates low pressure on the trailing side of the leading edge of the blade creating suction, therefore greater surface area at the leading edge will produce higher flow rates at slower rotor speeds. A radial compressor with more blades will produce a higher flow rate than a compressor with less blades at the same rotational speed, up to a point.

2. There is always a give and take in compressor design, increasing flow at lower rotor speeds will reduce the speed at which both surge and choke occurs, and vice versa. This is why you see higher numerical single blade wheels used in lower speed applications and lower numerical splitter blade wheels used in higher speed applications. There are ways to augment this in regards to trim value and diffuser design, however this is often application specific.

3. The compressor leading edge is essentially an airfoil such as an aircraft wing. So if anyone was attempting to use a commonly understood analogy look no further than the difference in wingspan between low and high speed air craft. At low speeds a larger surface area wing is used to increase the amount of area of low pressure above the chord line, this is also why fixed wing air craft designed for higher speeds have poor maneuverability at low speed. This is not my opinion, or idea, it is a principle rule of physics and applies directly to turbo machinery in every accepted text regarding the topic.

In short there is no one size fits all answer, there are many variables involved with determining the best configuration for each particular scenario, and overall blade count is just a single factor.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:21 AM   #69
Cajun-Cummins

Name: Cajun-Cummins
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
CHDiesel,

I am running a S468 from Weston (Infinite Performance) now and have been for almost a year now on my 14 6.7. I have stock fuel with the exception of an air dog lift pump. I gross 30k plus often pulling equipment and hay around for the farm. This Infinite Performance S468 has proven to have a very smooth and consistent power band compared to the S465 I was running for two years prior. It maintains boost better at various throttle positions compared to the S465.

I run the G56 but the 468 has been a pleasure to tow with. I rarely see EGT's over 1200 deg F unless I am burying the pedal out to 120mph and it takes a while for temps to get over 1300 degF. The wastegate would not be a bad idea if you are looking to be in the 800hp range to keep the turbo in best efficiency range.

I laid down 598 rwhp with the S465 and temps were getting pretty hot and a light steady haze up top around 3,200 rpm. I am confident I am well north of 600 with the Infinite Performance S468. I will be upgrading fuel and valve train this year and I have no concerns with this S468 being able to take it. This S468 cleans up all smoke once it hits with 56 psig of boost and I have no haze at all anymore at 3,000+ rpms wot.

Just wanted to give you some feedback from my experience towing and whatnot with a S465 vs a S468. I would give the S468 from Infinite a try. Very good turbo for towing and some fun with a 6.7.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:18 PM   #70
Poulina

Name: Poulina
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun-Cummins View Post
CHDiesel,

I laid down 598 rwhp with the S465 and temps were getting pretty hot and a light steady haze up top around 3,200 rpm. I am confident I am well north of 600 with the Infinite Performance S468. I will be upgrading fuel and valve train this year and I have no concerns with this S468 being able to take it. This S468 cleans up all smoke once it hits with 56 psig of boost and I have no haze at all anymore at 3,000+ rpms wot.
Wowww almost 60psi out of an s400 with 13+ stock fuel....kewlllll brooo lol

Old 01-10-2019, 02:39 PM   #71
Cajun-Cummins

Name: Cajun-Cummins
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulina View Post
Wowww almost 60psi out of an s400 with 13+ stock fuel....kewlllll brooo lol
I know man. Scared the crap out of me when I saw the gauge go above 50 psig at first, lol. I was only seeing 45-46psig with the S465 . I was very hesitant to step on it all the way for the first few weeks until I realized everything would be just fine at 56psig. Like I said, this turbo impresses me every time I drive the truck.

Closed Thread