96 build

dangerous06

diesel tech
Picked up a 96 has no turbo or exhaust system was wondering what would be a good set up? It ran but the guy took the twins off. so it still has big injectors and pump work done. Would a 64 be enough to make it happy not looking for big power it's a first truck for a 16 year old don't want to kill him!

Those are a mystery I know it hazes really good at idle and will black out a 4 lane freeway! But besides that it's a guess!

Great well just want to keep the boy alive first truck is always a crash truck! So a stock 351 it will be! LOL

Easy enough to check though. Just pull them and find a REPUTABLE injector shop and have them pop test them as well. What BAR they "pop" at will tell you about what timing to run. I actually just learned this. I got a set of injectors from PDD that are 282 BAR. Stock is around 240-260. Every ten BAR RETARDS they timing a degree. So I set my truck to stock timing and I couldn't even reach 2K RPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are a mystery I know it hazes really good at idle and will black out a 4 lane freeway! But besides that it's a guess!
They tend to do that with no turbo.....

We really do need an intended use estimate to give appropriate answers.

A generic answer is a nice 62mm, sticks, DV's, low 20's for timing, AFC mods, 4kgsk, HG and studs. Should run 450hp cleanly depending on tuning.

Mine on a 64mm, 7mm DV's, DDP4 injectors, 23° timing, did 499 at the wheels 575 calculated.

1996 built September 95

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Easy enough to check though. Just pull them and find a REPUTABLE injector shop and have them pop test them as well. What BAR they "pop" at will tell you about what timing to run. I actually just learned this. I got a set of injectors from PDD that are 282 BAR. Stock is around 240-260. Every ten BAR RETARDS they timing a degree. So I set my truck to stock timing and I couldn't even reach 2K RPM.

Really ? I went from some 5x.010s to 5x.016s popped at 290 with the timing set at 19* with the dial indicator method. Getting ready to pin time it and roll the motor back 10*.

Last edited:
Really ? I went from some 5x.010s to 5x.016s popped at 290 with the timing set at 19* with the dial indicator method. Getting ready to pin time it and roll the motor back 10*.

Yeah there was a thread I saw on here about everything 12v and he broke down pop pressure. Based on what I read, higher PSI equates to lower timing and visa versa.

If you couple lower pop pressure injectors with a big turbo that sucks the exhaust out of the engine you gain a lot of horsepressurez. Of course you guys already know this. It is openly available info on compd.

Once again it appears these are so desparately needed.
endura-neoprene-chest-waders.jpg

Mark.

Picked up a 96 has no turbo or exhaust system was wondering what would be a good set up? It ran but the guy took the twins off. so it still has big injectors and pump work done. Would a 64 be enough to make it happy not looking for big power it's a first truck for a 16 year old don't want to kill him!
Honestly for a 16 year old, back to stock, stock injectors stock turbo.

Back