timing with 155* injectors

turbo2387

Nipple Fluffer
got a chance to run some DDP4's with 155* angles
truck has 22* timing

how much timing can you have with stock pistons and keep the spray inside the bowls?

depends who you talk to and how your measuring timing. im sure you have traces already on top the piston to directly answer your question. if you have a set goal or purpose with the truck, that might affect where you want it.

My buddies truck runs its best at 25, same exact injectors and stock pistons. He started at like 18 and kept bumping it up and ran better each time. He had the head off awhile back and was out of the bowl somewhat but has ran it along time with no problems. It is nothing but a weekend driver hot rod, hazes a little at idle but not bad.

Seems like I remember they (ddp) machine the injector body to sit lower in the head on the ddp4's.

how much timing can you have with stock pistons and keep the spray inside the bowls?

Not enough to make any real power, best bet if you are looking for performance is to keep it were you are or higher.

Last edited:
So at 17.5 degrees advanced timing, 155* injectors will spray into the bowl??
I can get a set of reman Bosch 370HP marines for $220. I initially turned it down due to the incorrect spray angle. But now I'm wondering if I should give them a try.

I have a 4k gsk and 17.5* timing. Stock turbo.

I ran 370's for years back in the early 2000's with timing set at about 20. Truck ran good, for not much more you can get a better set of injectors that make more power and run cleaner. Check with power driven diesel and I think they call them there budget builder series or something like that, under $400 if I remember right.

Back