vivian it is logan help please

05ex

Hi this is Logan from AZ with the 2005 excursion. I tried the pats security thing but it still doesnt work. I only tried after I uploaded the looney. Am I suppose to do it before or something? I really want to run the looney but it just isnt working.
Thanks for your help -Logan

Sorry to hear it Logan. I thought you were ok, when I didn't hear from you, after we called SCT together. Being that you have an Excursion, they said the problem is with the Pats system. You are supposed to load the file they sent you before trying to load any tunes, which I see you did.

I will give them a call now and see what else we can do.

Thanks,
Vivian

Vivian this is what they sent me do I do it before I install the tune after I return it to stock? Or do I do it after I install the looney?
Special Notes for Diesel Excursion

If you have a diesel Excursion, there is a quicker way to reset the PATS system.
THIS ENTIRE PROCEDURE IS CRITICAL: Ensure this procedure is started with the KEY COMPLETELY OUT OF THE IGNITION.

This technique will only work on a Ford Diesel Excursion

Ensure that the key is OUT OF THE IGNITION to begin.
Insert the key into the ignition
Turn the key ON, DO NOT START THE VEHICLE.
Look at the Theft Light on the dash. The Theft Light will be blinking rapidly…approx 3 blinks per second, indicating theft.
After a period of 30-45 seconds. Theft Light will blink slowly and/or go out.
Now, turn the key to the OFF position and remove it from the ignition. DO NOT TRY TO START THE VEHICLE.
Pause 10 seconds with the key out of the ignition.
Insert the key into the condition
Turn the key ON, but DO NOT START THE VEHICLE.
10)Look at the Theft Light on the dash. The Theft Light will be blinking slowly…1 blink per second (normal mode).
11)After the wait to start light goes out, the customer can then crank and start the vehicle.
Thanks
Logan

I have an excursion too. My theft light blinks randomly with some tunes, but the last looney Vivian sent me work correctly with the PATS.

The reset algorithms, including the one you posted, never worked on my truck. I tried endlessly to get it to reset and finally gave up. My conclusion... whatever base-code the tunes are generated off of isn't quite right for the Excursions.

After talking with SCT, it sounds like the strategy must be matched more closely (wanted to say closelier) on the Excursions for PATS to work. I would see if Vivian and DJ can send you a handful of tunes so you can check their behavior with the PATS system.

Now, I have my fingers crossed that DJ can merge the fastest looney for my truck (and PATS works) with the best looney for my truck (not as fast but really smooth through all gears, PATS is dead). If so, DJ IS GOD!

Good luck!:Cheer:
Brad

Hi,

We already had to have our door entrances enlarged to make room for his head. Next thing you know we'll have to install garage doors in the house LOL j/k

I haven't heard from Logan again so I think he is good. What SCT explained to me is - when you download a file onto an Excursion, the PATS (security system) thinks the truck is being stolen so it does not allow it to start. The steps below are meant to set the PATS back up, cause you want it working, and start the vehicle.

Brad, that is our aim also. We've taken a little longer to respond because we need to really sit down and check all the parameters to give you the best possible tune based on your feedback. Which by the way is excellent!

Thanks,
Vivian

Vivian -

I think my truck is a strange beast all around. It thinks it's being stolen but I can still start and drive it. I think SCT isn't really sure what is causing the problem on Excursions and they're guessing at solutions. I figure if I can drive the truck, the theft light blinking once in awhile isn't a biggie. Perhaps it's just telling me to drive it like I stole it :hehe:

I know DJ will pull something out of his bag of tricks. I look forward to trying it. :thankyou2:

Have a good weekend!
Brad

still isn't working

Hi, vivian its Logan I have been really busy so I have not been able to call u or sct. I have been on their forums and complained and finally got a response but when they called me I was in the middle of class so I couldnt answer it. I have just been running the canned performance tune it works good, but I want to use what everybody is bragging about the Looney tune. Later I will be interested in the fuel+intensifier too. Snd then mabey some giggle gas because there is a race here on the first of september. Well thanks
Logan

Hi Logan,

I just saw your message. I'm going to copy you in on an email to my tech at SCT. Sorry to hear you're still not working.

Thanks,
Vivian

Hi, Vivian I am sorry but i dont understand what you are sating about the email. Sorry for the stuiped question haha.

Back