Traction Bars

DuraDan

Diesel Monkey
So i raced this saturday at the strip again...
And now when I take off my truck hops like 4 times then hooks and goes...
And I didnt think it was bad until this guy that races at the strip with a dragster said he was watching and commented me on facebook and said "Dude, you need traction bars! I have NEVER seen a big rear end walking that much since i was in walmart, lol"

SO my question is where to get good traction bars? recommendations?

Did you see my Caltracs down in Phoenix (or in Jefferson State's parking lot)? They work really well, and were a nice and easy install. Biggest hassle was pressing the old rusted-in front bushing out of the leaf spring.

Here are some photos:
Caltracs-Install pictures by galts-gulch - Photobucket

The first couple of photos were just me messing around with a camber gauge (seeing if it would fit between lugs with the lug nuts off), and the rest are of the install.

While our trucks are not listed on the Caltracs site, they did have them in stock. Cost was $369 plus $40 for the U-bolts.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Here are some photos:
Caltracs-Install pictures by galts-gulch - Photobucket

While our trucks are not listed on the Caltracs site, they did have them in stock. Cost was $369 plus $40 for the U-bolts.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I will be getting a set soon. I installed some Torgue lift camper tie downs on my truck and had to take my Fabtech traction bars off because they get in the way.

I installed a set on an Excursion and I agree the bushing is the hardest part.

A lot of wheel hop problems can be solved by playing around with air pressure in the tires. Especially on a lower powered slower ET truck. It took about 10 passes at the track for me to figure out the correct air pressure for my 285 all-terrain tires.

You need just a little bit of wheel spin to get off the line smoothly. If you air down too much, they just grab, stretch, and then pogo your truck down the track.

Too much air and obviously you can overpower the tires and your truck twists and bounces when one front and one diagonally opposite rear tire spins.

On my truck the magic number range was 28-32 psi rear and 38-45 psi front depending on track conditions.

Back