Finally Broke In to the 6's

powerstroke113

Last night I got into the 6's ! Two stages (.080 jets) went 6.97 @ 101.4 mph. 1.63 60 ft. The truck was all over place out the whole. Track was preped like crap....all street cars tonight. I picked up 2 tenths with the extra spray with the same 60ft. Wastegates are set spot on thanks to a tripod and camera mounted inside the cab....lol I wish it woulda of hooked like last sunday..... i cut 1.55's all day long.

I went ahead and decided to run with the third stage. It felt super strong untill it made the two - three shift. It broke another hard part inside the trans. Everything billet you can buy was in it....so i guess billet aint chit. Still have a LOT of fuel to clean up.....Will be back up next week.

I have a vid up later.

Last edited:
Aren't you the same guy that was running in the 12.0 index at Rockingham last year? If so, man you have made some great progress! Either way, congrats on your success.

Last night I got into the 6's ! Two stages (.080 jets) went 6.97 @ 101.4 mph. 1.63 60 ft. The truck was all over place out the whole. Track was preped like crap....all street cars tonight. I picked up 2 tenths with the extra spray with the same 60ft. Wastegates are set spot on thanks to a tripod and camera mounted inside the cab....lol I wish it woulda of hooked like last sunday..... i cut 1.55's all day long.

I went ahead and decided to run with the third stage. It felt super strong untill it made the two - three shift. It broke another hard part inside the trans. Everything billet you can buy was in it....so i guess billet aint chit. Still have a LOT of fuel to clean up.....Will be back up next week.

I have a vid up later.

Billet does not mean chit is what it should say. Just marketing hype. I mean by definition the factory shafts are billet...There not cast so therefore they are billet. It would be much more meaningful if manufacturers would list the type of steel and treating processes used. Very nice run also!!!

Billet does not mean chit is what it should say. Just marketing hype. I mean by definition the factory shafts are billet...There not cast so therefore they are billet. It would be much more meaningful if manufacturers would list the type of steel and treating processes used. Very nice run also!!!

well then heated treated 4340 aint chit...lol

Back