Performance Cam for 3406B?

02Dmax

I've got a 3406B thats knocked a lobe off and the guy that owns it is wanting to hop it up a bit. Anybody ever done this or know of a place that sells such a thing?

nah, never heard of 'em. I live north of K.C. MO about an hour. CAT sells a cam for the industrial 3406B that's supposed to get us more low end torque and leave the top end where its at. I figured someone sold a cam for them but I haven't had any luck finding much.

The cam used in the 3406B truck engines is the same as the one used in the marine engines but I'm not sure about an industrial cam. I would look for a custom grind or just put a stock back in, stock supports over 600hp...get the pump tuned up..$.02

He's got the pump tuned up and I told him he needs more air worse than a cam but its his truck. I think bigger turbo would help him out as much as anything. I've got a CAT parts account online and I looked up the different cams that would fit and the marine cam is different than what came in it but its the same as the one in the industrial engine.

The Cat Cams in Marine, Industr and truck are almost the same, remember industrial and marine are designed to be at rated rpm most of the time.

Found a company out in NY that sells a high-performance cam for that engine and is designed for truck use so I'm gonna call them tomorrow and visit with them about it.

Back