Auto Enginuity

Well looks like no one is using this software, so what is everybody using? Surely you're not running to a shop every time you need something scanned.

If your working on Fords, you have to get the IDS. Wish something like it was available for all brands.

Well after researching AE quite a bit I ordered it yesterday. The newest version is supposed to be pretty interactive with everything. Do I expect to get full IDS capability? No, but I think it will do what I need it to do. Plus, IDS costs way more than I could ever justify spending for personal use. Tracking shows a Monday delivery but I'm hoping for Saturday!

I got it through RiffRaff, shipped the same day I ordered it and had it in hand 2 days later. I don't know if it can be found anywhere else cheaper, but I can say that the customer service was great and I can see myself doing business with them again!

Doppler, how are you liking this software?
I will be going full time this summer and need a generic scan tool of some sort. Did you buy a couple of the software packages?

I like it very much, learning curve to use it is very small. Diagnostics on the 6.0 is very good and i've also used it on a buddy's 7.3, and both my wife's and son's F-150's with the 4.6L. I didn't have the extra cash at the time to do a multi-package deal but I plan to invest in the GM and Chrysler bundle as well.

Last edited:
Ok, I work on Dodge more than anything. I have EFI for 06-up stuff, but I still need something for everything else.

Anybody else use the Acer Netbook as a shop laptop? I need to get something small to use for efi and AE.

I also have AE as back up scanner. It work very good with fords, ok with Duramax and really don't like it for the Cummins. Seems very generic and code reader status on the Cummins. But I should check for updates. For the price of the tool its worth every penny. IF you are going to rely on it as your only scanner, it will get you through I suppose.

Ok, thanks for the input. I'm sure I'll end up getting an OTC or Snap-On, but can't see spending the money right now.

Back