2.6 Turbo rule for 2010

Sledpuller

Comp Diesel Sponsor
May as well start now, discuss amongst yourselves how you would like the 2.6 turbo rule to read for 2010.

Not sure how to do it but something needs to be done to limit the Stepped Covers, Contoured Wheels and Cut Wheels in my opinion.

I felt the TS/Scheid rules were the best 2.6 rules I have read. Of course if you don't enforce them or tech them it doesn't matter.

2.6 inducer bore plain and simple. Pullers choice on how to get there. And for the people that say oh there will be 4x4 turbos bushed to 2.6, SO WHAT. like its going to work anyway. Plus you can tell if its bigger than a s400 visually. Most any s400, gt42, k31 are all roughly the same physical size. I dont think any bigger turbo bushed down would perform anyway. Tim

2.6 inducer bore plain and simple. Pullers choice on how to get there. And for the people that say oh there will be 4x4 turbos bushed to 2.6, SO WHAT. like its going to work anyway. Plus you can tell if its bigger than a s400 visually. Most any s400, gt42, k31 are all roughly the same physical size. I dont think any bigger turbo bushed down would perform anyway. Tim

A larger turbo would help, the larger exducer will help. The problem with the bushed/stepped covers is alot of guys will run 2.8 or possibly 3.0 then through a 2.6 cover on for the big events.

I wonder how long sleddy will wait to respond. He pulled the pin, threw the grenade, and stepped out of the room to watch through the safety glass!

This is the part of my job I enjoy the most. Watching what happens when I throw a mouse into a china shop full of elephants!!

Just a fact finding mission, no official response will come for months.:Cheer:

You are still limiting the air to the turbo. If you have a 4 in compressor wheel, how big is the turbin wheel going to be? 90 percent of the trucks out there will have a hard time running the 88/96 turbin wheel with the 75 compressor wheel that the big s400's have much less anything bigger. If they think they can spool and stay ontop of it, i say go for it. Techin turbos is pretty much a lost cause so screw it. As long as it has a bushing, stepped cover, contoured wheel, magic pixie dust that measuers 2.6, let it go.

You are still limiting the air to the turbo. If you have a 4 in compressor wheel, how big is the turbin wheel going to be? 90 percent of the trucks out there will have a hard time running the 88/96 turbin wheel with the 75 compressor wheel that the big s400's have much less anything bigger. If they think they can spool and stay ontop of it, i say go for it. Techin turbos is pretty much a lost cause so screw it. As long as it has a bushing, stepped cover, contoured wheel, magic pixie dust that measuers 2.6, let it go.

It has been proven on a dyno that a bushed charger makes more HP than the same native charger. If you want to run a bushed charger step up to the 2.8.

Take the turbo builders out of the equation. Make it a spec type turbo only. You can but an off the shelf S400 for a reasonable price and still make good power.

Take the turbo builders out of the equation. Make it a spec type turbo only. You can but an off the shelf S400 for a reasonable price and still make good power.

While that is a decent idea, the dmax, cummins, and powerstrokes all like different configurations, as well as the auto and manual.

They have plenty exhaust housings available for any application. LOL I'm building a Cummins so I'm not fighting for anyone any more.

It has been proven on a dyno that a bushed charger makes more HP than the same native charger. If you want to run a bushed charger step up to the 2.8.

you and i both know dyno # dont equal on track performance.

is a bushed charger making 10%, 20% more power then a native charger?

are bushed chargers consistently putting feet on a native charger?

theroretily i can see how a bushed charger could out flow a native charger.

is there any one that is consistantly putting feet on every one else to warrant change/strickter rules?

i too like the top X tuck getting tech in each class rule.

check weight, hitch, hook to sled

you and i both know dyno # dont equal on track performance.

is a bushed charger making 10%, 20% more power then a native charger?

are bushed chargers consistently putting feet on a native charger?

theroretily i can see how a bushed charger could out flow a native charger.

is there any one that is consistantly putting feet on every one else to warrant change/strickter rules?

i too like the top X tuck getting tech in each class rule.

check weight, hitch, hook to sled

I would expect the difference to be even more pronounced if you can load the sled.

Back