injector problem i think. need help.

jeremy153624

ok the truck smokes bad at idle. like a injector is stuck wide open. you can hear a misfire out the exhaust. when i hooked the scanner to it injector number 4 was throwing a code and was reading way different then the others during datastream. so i guess my question is why is so much oil coming out of the exhaust? oil level in the engine is normal... is it washing the cylinderwall down and pushing it out the exhaust? any help or explaination i greatly apprieciate.

ok the truck smokes bad at idle. like a injector is stuck wide open. you can hear a misfire out the exhaust. when i hooked the scanner to it injector number 4 was throwing a code and was reading way different then the others during datastream. so i guess my question is why is so much oil coming out of the exhaust? oil level in the engine is normal... is it washing the cylinderwall down and pushing it out the exhaust? any help or explaination i greatly apprieciate.

Are you 100% sure its oil coming out of the exhaust? If so you could have several base engine problems turbo, piston, valve guide/valve problem. You need to start with a compression test then go from there.

yeah its coming out of the downpipe. right where the bandclamp is. i just sent the injectors out to be checked out today. if they are ok then ill go from there with the compression test

ok we got the injectors back in. they said number 4 injector body was cracked. so we got them back in and its still doing the same thing. the balancing rates are all the same but number 4 is still at like fifteen.

What did you replace #4 with, a new Bosch unit ?
I wouldn't think it's a wiring issue since there's no light.

we pulled the glow plugs out to check compression today. and number 4 piston has zero compression. i guess when the injector stuck open it melted a hole in it. they were those flux injectors. so now the truck is for sale if anyone is intrested

its a 03 chevy duramax. crewcab dually. ats tranny. yukon grizzley locker. 117k miles. tts custom tuning. alot more that i cant think of its my buddies truck. located in northern kentucky

brand new bfg all terrain tires. size 285 i think. this is a sharp truck. ill post pictures tonight

Last edited:
I saw an LMM do the same thing. Injector stuck and burnt a hole in a piston about the size of a pencil.

Back