Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
RGHodges

Name: RGHodges
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Fuel Filter/ Water Separator Question

I have recently picked up a 96 Dodge to use as my daily driver. My WIF sensor located on the bottom of the filter is leaking and I would like to do away with it all together by using a filter with no drain on it. I researched and found the Fleetguard ff5089 will work and has the same ratings as factory, but it is just a fuel filter, not a water separator too. How concerned would you be with getting water contamination using this filter? I plan on changing it every oil change and (hopefully) not getting bad fuel. Just curious how important the separator really is as I have never had a problem with getting water in my fuel in the past. Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing View Post
if it doesn't have an internal combustion engine or get me intoxicated, I'm usually not interested

Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
damutt

Name: damutt
Title: Cat nut, Ford Stupid
Member`s Gallery
if it was me, id plumb a seperate water filter/seperater inline then run the fleetguard up front. this way if you get bad fuel it wipes that filter out first

1972 IH
Cat 3116
Eaton Fuller rt6610 tranny
Chevy 3500HD front and rear axles

Closed Thread