dealer "can't" install cab lights 2019 F350 SRW

fatty

VE
I had to take my pickup back to the dealer for a recall fix so I figured that's a good time to have them install cab lights also. They call me today and say the middle 3 cab lights can be installed but the 2 outside lights can't because there is a steel reinforcing plate behind the headliner.

I told the guy that they have several 2019 F350 duallies on their lot with cablights- I've seen them. He says they come that way from the factory and when I asked if the cabs are different he says "Oh yeah, comPLETEly different, the come from the factory like that."

So I looked up complete cabs from Ford and there is no difference between the DRW cabs and SRW cabs that I can find. Same part number and everything. Also did some Ford forum searching and found tons of pictures of 17-19 SRW F250 and 350 with cab lights.

Pissed me right off, why can't they just give me my cab lights like I asked?? I'm about 99% sure they are retarded, but can anyone verify who is right here?

With dealerships, I've nearly always found that, since you're the customer, you're wrong.

Truthfully, I think it's pure laziness, along with an unwillingness to go beyond looking in a catalog to get the answer.

Mark.

They pulled the headliner down, saw the steel reinforcement and called me saying they can't do it.

Back