Can anybody ID this pcm for me?

thatguy69

This pcm came with a ppump swap I bought, wanted to sell this thing but wanted to figure out what year truck it's off of first.

Attachments

• 20231106_174142.jpg
    20231106_174142.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 0
I buy these.
It's from a 1996 with an automatic transmission.

Mark.

Last edited:
I buy these.
It's from a 1996 with an automatic transmission.

Mark.

There you are. good to see you Mark.
You're the first person I thought of when the PCM pic showed, I was going to comment to ask Mark, but haven't seen you here in forever, then BLAMO

Last edited:
Mark, do you ever come across any good CM2450B ecms out of the 19 - 21 year models? EBay is flooded with bricked ones and ones out of the 22 and newer Rams, and new factory ones are expensive.

From what I see good used ones are bringing around 1500 or so. A reputable junk yard probably would be fine to get one from. From what I've read is, they are easy to brick when flashing and unrecoverable (especially when using HP tuners), so guys brick them and then sell them as good.

Bob does the smarty touch work on the 5th gen Rams? I know the Raceme do and will work on a 2022 and up with a ecm swap. I didn't know if the only thing the same was the hardware between the two tuners or if there was some software shared as well?

Sorry to disrupt the thread. Most would know what I'm talking about with the ecms. But if not, the 19-21 Rams came be tuned with all the tuning platforms out there. On the 22 and up Rams, the ecm is locked down so the only way around that is to swap in a ecm from a 19-21 and then tune it. Or, you can buy a new blank ecm from Mopar and do the same thing. But, with the new ones they can be $2500 at one point, or $3500 if they are in low supply. Sorry to ramble, most probably don't care but I thought I'd check with Mark. And I'm only talking about emissions on tuning :evil

There seems to only be a handful of guys that can do anything with the 2450s.

Sometimes I think if I knew a hacker and if I taunted and bribed him, he could come up with a jailbreak on these things.

Forrest would have loved to work with this type of shit.

Mark.

Back