Retired the TDI in favor of a new cruze diesel!

27,000 miles on the car now, according to my receipts from last year and mileage tracking my 2015 yearly fuel economy was 46.6 which I feel is pretty damned good for being an emissions choked car. No issues and no dealer visits to report, the only quirk ive found is that the windows fog up unless the defrost is blasting on high when its cold outside. she's about due for a set of tires so I'll get new wheels at the same time. It's been a great car and I've loved having it.

Last edited:
As Roy. He loves the tune in his car.

I am about to roll 50k on my '14 this week. I hate the trans in auto mode, I always have it in manual mode, which I love that it holds gears, especially on the interstate.

The trans will protect itself by unlocking the converter if you has too many powerz.

The emissions system is complete and utter sh!t. Delete is as soon as possible.

The tune takes away a ton of torque management and makes the car way more enjoyable to drive and makes the 1-2-instalock way less annoying.

Stereo upgrade is a good investment. All in all its a pretty good little car, super comfortable on road trips

Last edited:
27,000 miles on the car now, according to my receipts from last year and mileage tracking my 2015 yearly fuel economy was 46.6 which I feel is pretty damned good for being an emissions choked car. No issues and no dealer visits to report, the only quirk ive found is that the windows fog up unless the defrost is blasting on high when its cold outside. she's about due for a set of tires so I'll get new wheels at the same time. It's been a great car and I've loved having it.

Tires at 27k?! Too many rolling burnouts! :drive:

I had one for a year. Didn't have near the luck as you. My biggest complaint was the interior size and check engine light. They are great commuter cars and my wife liked it. Economy is excellent. Oil changes are expensive and I had a few emission related problems in the 30k I had it. Seats are comfortable but I am a small 6' @ 200# and the right leg room sucked. I like to sit closer to the staring wheel and this always put my knee in the dash. If you sit further back I'm sure it isn't an issue but then nobody can sit behind you. We loved it at first but soon realized just how small it is inside. Their also isn't much room to put "stuff" up front besides door pockets. I carry phone wallet, snuff, drink usually everywhere. If someone was in the passenger seat we couldn't find room for all are daily carrying crap. Trying for a kid so we got an SUV. Best to drive one. If you are comfortable you'll like the car I'm sure.

Last edited:
Would definitely agree with that. They are supposed to be good to 80k I think though.

Another thing to consider is you have to run Dexos 2 oil, so an oil change is $50, I use Mobil 1 ESP. A fuel filter is $78, changing my first one at 50k miles (1340 gallons).

#lyfe

The interior room is great as long as you only plan to carry two people in the car (which is basically all I do)....I'd really be excited to see a Malibu or impala with the diesel engine.

Is anybody offering a DPF delete for these yet?? And how's everybody done so far on tuning? Is it worth the money?

Is anybody offering a DPF delete for these yet?? And how's everybody done so far on tuning? Is it worth the money?

Vinnie Hobart is working on deletes. He's begging me to bring mine down to work on it but I don't feel like being a Guinea pig when I drive it 740 miles a week.

Vinnie Hobart is working on deletes. He's begging me to bring mine down to work on it but I don't feel like being a Guinea pig when I drive it 740 miles a week.

I believe fleece, calibrated power solutions, and POSSIBLY dan Clarke are tuning them. Delete capability I'm not sure of.

Last edited:
I didn't think anybody had anything under wraps yet, but wanted to double check. I mean hell it isn't even a huge deal anyway the darn things get 40-50mpg as it is right now. But there is always room for exhaust upgrades and such.. Ha

I'll keep this car if I can delete it. But if deletes never come to fruition I'll be trading them off every 50k miles for another brand new one

I'll keep this car if I can delete it. But if deletes never come to fruition I'll be trading them off every 50k miles for another brand new one

After the refresh comes out later this year, I thought I saw it's being discontinued...

Back