Creating CSP5 tunes

biggy238

It safer or more recommended to start with a completely stock file and modify there, or am I OK to modify the file (sensor scaling, no post) and then convert it?

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

That should have read, convert a stock file with no changes to CSP5 and then modify everything afterward, or modify the stock file and then create the CSP5 tune.

EFI 7.5 on the top header there's a tab upgrade operating system, click apply and should be good to go.

I've always done the OS upgrade then changed things in the base file later. Not sure if it's better but it works

All the modifications to the base file stick to the base when upgraded to cap. However some tables dissappear from the base when the upgrade OS is done because those tables are used in the CSP tables. The conversion converts all csp tables to stock. In short it's best to convert from an un modified file or at least double check all your base tables as you'll be changing all your CSP tables anyways.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you gents.
The tune i'm running now was a stock CM849 file with the sensors rescaled for 6.7 sensors and selective dtc's shut off, etc.
I had made some minor changes to timing but then found some (odd to me) timing mapsthat made me question what file I was working with. That's why I wanted to start clean, but wasn't sure about changing the base file first. Thank you.

3ae9bcbbd7521c5401bd3f2a625409cc.jpg

It safer or more recommended to start with a completely stock file and modify there, or am I OK to modify the file (sensor scaling, no post) and then convert it?

Either or I have done it both ways.

Back