3.0 Class for NADM

I remeber last year tony burkhart layed it on me at the new era pull. that just proves that 3.0 isnt that far off

TAZMAN10, nothing you said made much sense to me. Other than a little whining cause its not the way YOU want it. I like the part of "3.0 guys may be gunned out. Even though they may win they arent taking that chance" So keep it on the trailer. Losing is part of it. Remember, the guys you are talking about, ARE the guys without unlimited funds. Buy another turbo and swap them out if you think it makes that big of a difference. I personally think the 3.0 turbos will run just fine with unlimited singles.

Look at Keystone Nationals indoor pull i was unlimited single, Ingram was 3.0 he was 2 feet behind me. On another day and another track the out come could have been completely different. I have switch back and forth between my unlimited single and 3.0 charger and have seen little difference hell i even run the same gear for both chargers.

i agree i just think people arent traveling because of the economy. They can blame it on the chargers or whatever they want but the "top" SS trucks are staying close to home this year. The charger doesnt matter when i pulled 2.8 i used to jump up a class all the time and didnt do half bad.

Buy another turbo and swap them out if you think it makes that big of a difference. I personally think the 3.0 turbos will run just fine with unlimited singles.

You can't just bolt on another turbo and away you go. These trucks are built around a particular set up. To change chargers would require a LOT of money to do right and get the most out of it. As far as things going my way...I could care less about it except that Gene is looking for ways to get more trucks. I can build what ever I need to when required to step up.

As far as water to air intercoolers...I didn't say anything about injecting water also. I stated that they are NOT needed if you know how to tune the truck. This applied to the 2.6 and 2.8 class. Haisley's have some of the top 2.8 trucks and there are some top D-Maxes out there....none of us need water to air to cool anything.

It would be cheaper for me (and a few others) if we just go ahead and take the 2.8 and 3.0 class to unlimited drive train and tube chassis since everyone seems to want to make a set of rules to fit their truck.

You can't just bolt on another turbo and away you go. These trucks are built around a particular set up. To change chargers would require a LOT of money to do right and get the most out of it. As far as things going my way...I could care less about it except that Gene is looking for ways to get more trucks. I can build what ever I need to when required to step up.

As far as water to air intercoolers...I didn't say anything about injecting water also. I stated that they are NOT needed if you know how to tune the truck. This applied to the 2.6 and 2.8 class. Haisley's have some of the top 2.8 trucks and there are some top D-Maxes out there....none of us need water to air to cool anything.

It would be cheaper for me (and a few others) if we just go ahead and take the 2.8 and 3.0 class to unlimited drive train and tube chassis since everyone seems to want to make a set of rules to fit their truck.

I dont know that I agree with any of the above. I understand the part of not needed parts. But there are some of us out there that arent Haisley/Scheid mechanics and dont know everything and dont have the money to pay them to do it either (me) . When it comes to super street it really doesnt matter. You do what you have to do to try and win and stay legal without paying someone to completely do it for like a Scheids or Haisleys. I would love to have them do my motor. The best I can do is buy their parts and assemble on our own. Anyhow, 3.0 have the opportunity to have their class. They need a commitment from them is all. I think its only fair. Ball is in our court now. Cant blame anyone but ourselves if a class doesnt come about with NADM.

Last edited:
One issue with the classes is the D-Max guys need to start with a fairley new truck which raises the cost plus we have only had a couple of years to get things ironed out.

When you compare the cost of buy a fairly new truck and building it or buying a tube chassis and being able to eventually step up, makes the tube chassis more cost effective if you can do some of the fabricating yourself.

My point about not needing water to air and using the Haisley and Sheid trucks as a example, was not to be-little anyone, it was just to point out if you do the R & D, you do not need water to bring the temps down. There are so many advances being made in the diesel world that every time a new part comes out, people want to change the rules. If some of these issues do not get resolved, we will always be brush pulling. NADM, ITPA, and many others are trying to set a rule package and stick with it for at least 3 years to avoid having to build something new every year. It just doesn't seem to work because if a sponsor of the class comes up with a better mouse trap, they want the rules changed to allow it so they can sell more parts. It's a visious cycle that revolves around cubic dollars. I just don't see us getting to a professional level until these fundamental issues are resolved. Maybe they never will be and the diesel community will just be known as a bunch of redneck smoke blowers!!!!:hehe:

One issue with the classes is the D-Max guys need to start with a fairley new truck which raises the cost plus we have only had a couple of years to get things ironed out.

When you compare the cost of buy a fairly new truck and building it or buying a tube chassis and being able to eventually step up, makes the tube chassis more cost effective if you can do some of the fabricating yourself.

My point about not needing water to air and using the Haisley and Sheid trucks as a example, was not to be-little anyone, it was just to point out if you do the R & D, you do not need water to bring the temps down. There are so many advances being made in the diesel world that every time a new part comes out, people want to change the rules. If some of these issues do not get resolved, we will always be brush pulling. NADM, ITPA, and many others are trying to set a rule package and stick with it for at least 3 years to avoid having to build something new every year. It just doesn't seem to work because if a sponsor of the class comes up with a better mouse trap, they want the rules changed to allow it so they can sell more parts. It's a visious cycle that revolves around cubic dollars. I just don't see us getting to a professional level until these fundamental issues are resolved. Maybe they never will be and the diesel community will just be known as a bunch of redneck smoke blowers!!!!:hehe:

I didn't take it as a be littling by any means. Some have it some don't. Thats all there is to it. No offense taken here. I'm the one that doesn't:bang When attempting to run that type of class. You should have a good idea what your getting into. A wrecked truck would be anyones best start on building one. Not getting a tube chasis. That makes everything an entirely different ball game with weight and things. You can't favor one truck because it is to new. They are up and coming. It just takes time like the rest of them did. I think Wesley Kusilek, Nathan Thrornley, and Troy Wakeman are doing one heck of a job. I'm sure there are many more in the works at the moment.

Whar do you have left on your truck.

Dale

I don't know until I get to that point and I don't have what I need. :bang Motor has been in and ready for a month or more. Its all the other junk thats taking forever. By the way, congrats to you guys on a good hook with DESTROKED. Running much better than last year it looks like. Hows the 2 wheeler comin?

You Dmax guys kill me. Its all great to take a fairly new truck and tear it up in the 2.6-2.8 until its time to take it to the next level, last time i checked no one had a gun pointed at them saying you have to buy a 40k chevy and use that as your puller. I have found many 01-02 for 10-15k that would make great street/pullers. Why not an engine swap into a mid 90's chevy you can get them for about nothing. The thing is, is that its easy to through a chip on then injectors then turbo and before you know it, its time to decide if you want a street truck or a pulling truck. If they can put them in a rail or tube chassis drag truck i think you guys can figure out to put 1 in an older truck, so i call BS on your entire argument.

You Dmax guys kill me. Its all great to take a fairly new truck and tear it up in the 2.6-2.8 until its time to take it to the next level, last time i checked no one had a gun pointed at them saying you have to buy a 40k chevy and use that as your puller. I have found many 01-02 for 10-15k that would make great street/pullers. Why not an engine swap into a mid 90's chevy you can get them for about nothing. The thing is, is that its easy to through a chip on then injectors then turbo and before you know it, its time to decide if you want a street truck or a pulling truck. If they can put them in a rail or tube chassis drag truck i think you guys can figure out to put 1 in an older truck, so i call BS on your entire argument.

In order to go to where we need to be you need a 2006 or 2007 truck operating system to make it work. I do all the tuning on Kueslics truck based off my truck and there are limitations to the 2001-2005 that will not allow us to run as hard as needed. Therefore it takes a 2006 or new drive train which can be transplanted into any truck but why not just put it in a tube chassis and be able to progress up the ladder. Unless we put limitations on the set ups, pay good money to win, stick with it for a few years, these class rule changes will break us all. We are almost to the 1000 HP fuel only 2.8 trucks but they will only hold together for so long. Even if you buy a wrecked truck and transplant everything, you will end up with a butt load of money invested. And to your BS statement...a tube chassis drag truck will cost 40K+ for a name brand truck and another 10K just to adapt it and certify it for the D-Max engine. If you do it right..you will have 10K in a clutch and clutch can. You don't seem to know much about this stuff based off your statements. I hope your not mad just because my truck still has A/C...:hehe: Just kidding!!lol

[/B]

Look at Keystone Nationals indoor pull i was unlimited single, Ingram was 3.0 he was 2 feet behind me. On another day and another track the out come could have been completely different. I have switch back and forth between my unlimited single and 3.0 charger and have seen little difference hell i even run the same gear for both chargers.
Around here we are unlimited single. Most of us just run a 3.0" It keeps arev options open and a good 3.0" is pretty easy to get.
i agree i just think people arent traveling because of the economy. They can blame it on the chargers or whatever they want but the "top" SS trucks are staying close to home this year. The charger doesnt matter when i pulled 2.8 i used to jump up a class all the time and didnt do half bad.
I agree with the traveling thing. I now the costs have me staying closer to home in 2009 then I would like.

In order to go to where we need to be you need a 2006 or 2007 truck operating system to make it work. I do all the tuning on Kueslics truck based off my truck and there are limitations to the 2001-2005 that will not allow us to run as hard as needed. Therefore it takes a 2006 or new drive train which can be transplanted into any truck but why not just put it in a tube chassis and be able to progress up the ladder. Unless we put limitations on the set ups, pay good money to win, stick with it for a few years, these class rule changes will break us all. We are almost to the 1000 HP fuel only 2.8 trucks but they will only hold together for so long. Even if you buy a wrecked truck and transplant everything, you will end up with a butt load of money invested. And to your BS statement...a tube chassis drag truck will cost 40K+ for a name brand truck and another 10K just to adapt it and certify it for the D-Max engine. If you do it right..you will have 10K in a clutch and clutch can. You don't seem to know much about this stuff based off your statements. I hope your not mad just because my truck still has A/C...:hehe: Just kidding!!lol

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: Ric give us a break we dont really care.

There are hundreds and hundreds of Duramax owners that can look at what you said and just laugh. Duramax owners as a whole dont have any limitations getting power out of LB7's and LLY's, you do...:hehe: Dont confuse your struggles with everyone elses

Around here we are unlimited single. Most of us just run a 3.0" It keeps arev options open and a good 3.0" is pretty easy to get.

I agree with the traveling thing. I now the costs have me staying closer to home in 2009 then I would like.

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: Ric give us a break we dont really care.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

When I used to pull minirods we locked the rules in for 3yrs made it alot easier for new people to build new one's and most of the time when the 3yr, lock was up the club voted to lock them for another 3yrs.I would like to see something go on like this for the trucks,

Dale

Back