WINTER time racing......

Not to tarnish the high fives here, but how about some weather reports from the Floridians?
Sleddy does not forget California in Febuary!!!!:badidea:

hmmm.... in 20yrs that I lived there, it snowed once for 2 mins and didn't stick, I believe that was back in 1981.

Rainy season will be over and from what I remember typically in the 70's through the winter months with some 60's :hehe: Humidity is definitely better during the winter months but, still high

I say Zmax dragway in November, Gainsville in December & holt in January Then maybe Bradenton in March?

what about a race at steele? it would be a little more central for the people coming south! good track, not crowded environment, town is pretty laid back!

I'm down for G-ville in December...much more bearable temps then...with our luck though it'll freeze then...lol...

anybody got anymore info on winter racing yet? Albany, Ga always welcomes diesels i would be glad to help

isn't that track closed down ? It's only a 1/8 too. Good for those fast rides but, not so much for the slower trucks.

I believe NADM is concentrating on completing the season they have lined up between racing and pulling. They have a big one coming in Texas that's turning out to have a lot of truck showing.... or so the racers say. Then they will start looking at what, where and when for the winter.

It's not set in stone yet..... just an idea that's been tossed around to keep people racing through the winter. Funds, personal, racer willing to show and track availability will play a big part. It will be a slow go at first but, may gain momentum in coming years.

Albany is back open and run all year round. Yea it is a 1/8th mile track but atleast it is a pretty central location. Every year we had Redneck nationals there it was a great turnout.

Not to tarnish the high fives here, but how about some weather reports from the Floridians?
Sleddy does not forget California in Febuary!!!!:badidea:

50-60* in cali to what the temp in NW PA in feb????????? 0 or colder?

Im looking into tracks for some winter racing. We have to get the Texas race out of the way, then move onto winter races.

Ok guys need some local info on tracks around you. I have been looking at FLA tracks and there are only four that are 1/4 mile.

So heres the deal, I need 1/4 mile tracks in FLA, GA, SC that are central to the states listed. Close to towns, hotels.

South Ga Motorsports park is open all year around. It is a super nice track probable one of the top 5 in the US. Cecil, Ga just north of Valdosta

Ok guys need some local info on tracks around you. I have been looking at FLA tracks and there are only four that are 1/4 mile.

So heres the deal, I need 1/4 mile tracks in FLA, GA, SC that are central to the states listed. Close to towns, hotels.
I'll renominate my suggestions of Gainesville and Bradenton. Both are close to town and open year-round.

If you can talk Bradenton, and Orlando into an event you will be doing somthing!!!! Bradenton doesn't like diesels, and We arn't big enough for Orlando! I know because I've spoken to the Track manager many many times, and I go there all the time. So please suprise me!

I would like to see a event in Bradenton. But good luck talking them into an event for diesels.

Here are some strips in SC.

Drag Racing in the South is a staple of life. Speed, adrenaline, and nitromethane seem to go hand in hand. If you have the need for speed this weekend, here are the places where you can find relief inside of South Carolina.

Carolina Dragway
P.O. Box 70
Jackson, SC 29831
Accessing Carolina Dragway.com...
803-646-9604 or 803-471-2285

Carolina Dragway is a 1/4 mile asphalt dragstrip with an elevation of 350 feet. They Grudge match race and Test&Tune on Thursday nights and have IHRA ET Brackets, Grudge matches, and Test&Tune on Saturday nights.

Clarendon County Dragstrip
P.O. Box 1236
Summerton, SC 29148
803-478-8030

Clarendon County Dragstrip is a 1/8 mile asphalt dragstrip with an elevation of 50 feet. They race on Sundays and it’s a free for all event with no specific categories.

Darlington International Dragway
2056 E. Bob Newsome Hwy
Hartsville, SC 29550
***** DARLINGTON DRAGWAY *****
843-383-0008

Darlington International Dragway is a 1/4 mile asphalt drapstrip with an elevation of 131 feet. They race Test&Tune and Grudge matches on Wednesday and Super Pro and Heavy classes on Saturdays.

Back