"Rookie" alert!

Dieselsmoker69

Hey everyone. Not sure how this works, but I am in need of help, i was born turning wrenches and have always built/paid for my own pickups. i am a college student, received my ase for electrical auto, hvac and auto trans and transaxles so far, currently in manual trans and drivetrain.as of this last thursday my college was shut down and will not return this school year so everything that goes with that and so on i have to have my new pickup together by monday to be able to drive to another city daily for internship. if not i am at risk of not completing the required amount of hours. so far the only physical help i could get turned out i knew more than he did and costed me all day yesterday and today to get my wiring harness reinstalled etc... so heres what i got. going on. i had a 96 12v ext cab long box with 47re in it. had it rebuilt paid close to 4k just for parts on the trans. still had problems due to previous **** owners wiring. so pulled out the 12v annd bought a 98 that had a 24v in it but guy took it out along with all the motor wiring. engine bay wiring harness is still in it. i am beyond confused what i am supposed to do to get the 12v wired into the 24s harness... i understand i need a one wire alternator and i will order one. is there anyway around that until that gets here? i could use help/pictures knowing wheree to wire the fuel shut off solenoid andi also come to find out it has a fass system on it and i cannot find the factory plug for that either so where, how do i wire that in as well? is there anything else i am missing to get this thing to drive? desperatly need help. will pay the person who can give me the correct information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:nail:

So you're putting a 12 valve into a '98 that originally had a 24 valve? What transmission are you using?

If it came down to it, a one wire alternator and make up a relay to control the shut off solenoid and you could drive it all day, if your also going with a manual trans. At Least the truck could be road worthy for now to get you by.

The shut off solenoid has 3 wires. The two big wires are a ground, the other big wire runs off the starter solenoid to pull up the plunger.

The small wire is just a key on 12volt power supply to hold the plunger up.

Iirc the the three wires are 1: pull in (tied to starter) 2: hold in (tied to ign) 3:gnd

Not in that order

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

You don't need a one wire alternator, just throw a voltage regulator on the current alternator and roll with it.

Back