Fummins build

PPUMPFUMMINS

Building a p pump 2nd gen fummins, need to know what needs to be done to build a reliable 800 hp bottom end? Talked to some friends and they said stock rods can handle 1000 horse. Is this true, and if not should you have rods hardened or aftermarket rods? Is a girdle worth the money? Or needed?

I'll help you before everyone else chimes in...

First, search.

2nd, reliable and 800hp is all about the driver. Nothing "needs" changed to make 800hp in a Cummins, but an idiot with a ignition key and a right foot can fukk up anything. If you think you even are remotely close to that, save your money and sell the truck...800hp is no joke...500hp can be a handful on the street...

Good luck around here.
Chris

X2 ^

I run a completely stock low end and am probably around 800hp but it's all in how you drive it. I've seen people with 500hp cause carnage that others with 800-1000hp have no issues with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll help you before everyone else chimes in...

First, search.

2nd, reliable and 800hp is all about the driver. Nothing "needs" changed to make 800hp in a Cummins, but an idiot with a ignition key and a right foot can fukk up anything. If you think you even are remotely close to that, save your money and sell the truck...800hp is no joke...500hp can be a handful on the street...

Good luck around here.
Chris
500 in a 2nd gen will scare the absolute **** out of you.... When you need to stop ?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Are o-rings sufficient for this type of build? Or should I have it fore ringed? What is a reasonable price to have this done?

Are o-rings sufficient for this type of build? Or should I have it fore ringed? What is a reasonable price to have this done?

Have a goal and purpose set for the truck. 800 is plenty feasible on a stock bottom end. Talk with Ten different guys who've done it, and you'll get 9 different answers how to go about doing it. Budget is one main factor to consider.

I'm 3/4 of the way there on the engine build, just wanted some advice from the guys that have done it. Not much experience in the diesel realm. Always fixing everyone's gas motors cause no one else wants to work on them. Whatever pays the bills. Lol

Back