Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 7.3 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

7.3 Powerstroke 99-03 Powerstroke Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #61
csipsd

Name: csipsd
Title: Mater, like Towmater
Member`s Gallery
Ya you better run...

Old 11-23-2006, 01:52 AM   #62
BFD99

Name: BFD99
Title: The Stig
Member`s Gallery
you telling them to run joe?

Old 12-14-2006, 09:33 AM   #63
oldschoolPSD

Name: oldschoolPSD
Title: My Trucks are Obsolete
Member`s Gallery
I'd go ahead and mod it with the PMR. Just get the stage 2's and have the tuner back them off so you don't blow it up. I'm only running approx 355 at the wheels and let me tell you it's a blast. You should be able to safely run that much on a PMR motor and trust me, it will be worth it.

btw gregbob, you say people are having good luck with big oil and stock nozzles? Please elaborate a bit as I already have the stage ones and i'm throwing a check engine light for low HPOP pressures so I need to do something with the oil anyway

On the prowl for a std cab dually to build a buck nasty welding truck

Old 12-14-2006, 04:19 PM   #64
GREGROB

Name: GREGROB
Title: CUMMINGS KILLER
Member`s Gallery
Well, I'll be able to let you know first hand soon. My 180cc Stage Ones are going in Sunday. My Terminator will also be installed as soon as it gets here, in the next week or two hopefully.

I made a post on TDS way back when and there were several guys who chimed in with that setup, sappspsd, being one of them and had good results. I think several OBS guys have had this combo as Stage 1's are more popular with them, then they add Big Oil.

I'll be able to make a comparison going from stock injectors > stage 1's then stage 1's > Big Oil.

My HPOP will barely hold 2000psi at WOT now with my stock AD's (140cc splits) It'll probably be about the same or worse with the 180cc AA's, only til I get the oil though.

My VIDEOS page Let me host your vids, upload until the server crashes, hahahaha

Old 12-15-2006, 10:03 AM   #65
oldschoolPSD

Name: oldschoolPSD
Title: My Trucks are Obsolete
Member`s Gallery
yeah mine dropped to 1800 when we first did the injectors... its getting to the point now where it just smokes like a freight train but doesn't have the go power

that setup is probably popular with the OBS guys (like me) because they probably have worn out pumps (like me) also the OBS has a weaker HPOP stock from what bean told me.

I'm thinking stealth pumps to go with my beans stage ones. First I need to get the old lady to appropriate the funds for a BTS, as I grenaded the sprag on my stock tranny last week.

On the prowl for a std cab dually to build a buck nasty welding truck

Old 12-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #66
GREGROB

Name: GREGROB
Title: CUMMINGS KILLER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolPSD
I'm thinking stealth pumps to go with my beans stage ones. First I need to get the old lady to appropriate the funds for a BTS, as I grenaded the sprag on my stock tranny last week.

There is a Stealth pump in the for sale section right now for a rediculously good deal. Has been there for a while and he can't sell it.

Sorry to hear about the trans.

My VIDEOS page Let me host your vids, upload until the server crashes, hahahaha

Closed Thread