Help me with my build 12v into a X

turbom700

First let me start buy saying I know very little about 12v and how to tune them. Been reading but that only goes so far.

What are the must do with these motors while they are out.

Goals are 400hp and good MPG. This will be my family vehicle to go back and fourth to the cabin.

What do I need to mod on the pump?

Stock turbo or pick something different?
What about injectors?

Thanks and I really appericate the help

Mike

There are a ton of 12v builds on here with as many recipes to get to 400hp . Theres also is gonna be a different opinion on which recipe to use . My advice would be to search search search . Make a list of possibilities within your budget as there are some high $$ options . 400 hp is pretty easy to obtain with the right turbo , housing , and gsk , fuel mods are simple but dialing it in is the key . Your tranny is gonna hate 400 in stock form if its an auto , read up on it too . If you have a manual , clutch is gonna say " screw this " after a few sessions of enjoying your new found torque . Torque converters and cooling are your best friends so study like its the finals . Like i said 400 is fairly easy but it will show you many weak links to the ground ! Good luck and post your build we love pics !

First off thanks for the feedback. I have been reading other people builds and that helps.

Just a little confused on the hole AFR,DV, plates and what they do.

I have a 01 7.3; F350 that some where in the 300-350hp range and that pulls everything I need it to. This X would be taking it places in pulling plus a family vehicle.

The transmission should hopefully be fine. Its a HD transmission from ford that I will be putting a DPC converter in it. My stock transmission in my ford has lasted 112k tuned miles and seems to be fine(knocks on wood)

Here is a link to my build thread just picked it up last weekend so there hasnt been much progress.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166258

I'm going to look at 12v tonight that was out of a medium duty truck. Anything I should look for? Any motor I get I plan to take apart and regasket everything.

My 12v is at 400-450hp. 5x12 sdx injectors and a hybrid 35/40 is what I've been running. Worked great for towing.

Trans is going to be important to meet your horsepower and mpg goals

Fummins we built got 21.5 hand calculated on the high way auto trans rolling on 35in tires.

Dynoed 459hp and drove it home and got 21.5 mpg

Schied 5*12 injectors
181 dv
5k springs
18 degrees timing
Cut Plate and untouched AFC
Head studs + Oringed head with +.010 gasket
60 lb Valve springs
5k gov springs
Fass 150

Very clean running truck for daily driving use. Smoke some when foot is in it heavy but it cleans up quick.

A lot of these things were done as prelim why the engine was out so he could shoot for 700hp down the road.

Thats what I'm wondering is things I should be doing while the engine is out. I have read alot and have alot of bookmarks storied to come back and read.

As for a transmission it will be getting a Ford HD 4r100 with a DPC converter. I bought this tranismission for a back up for my truck(01 7.3 f-350) and never need it.

Tires are going to be as close to stockish as I can get and still look good. Not into the lifted truck scene.

Once on a 7 hour trip I got 25mpg. I also have 4gsk, no plate. I average prolly around 20-21. It's all about that foot haha

My setup was:

330hp eBay injectors (probably 5X.012")
K&N Intake
HTBG 57 turbo
#10 plate

Stock everything else

Made 379hp 878 torque, and was great to drive.

Back