Fass 95

edmeyers

Addicted Diesel
I've got a pump only fass 95 that I've been running for at least 8 years. today it started running a little low on pressure so of course I changed the filters. I think the pump may be getting weak it's got 150k miles on it now. My question is would it be worth upgrading to a higher gph pump? Truck is 600+ hp vp44. I'm running a custom filter setup with fleetguard fs1000 into a ff5320 10 micron/2 micron. 1/2" line from the pump to the filters and to the injection pump. I've done the draw straw thing before on other trucks and never liked the 1/4 tank empty issue. So this truck is 3/8" from the tank to the fass. What more could expect from a bigger pump? Would I benefit at all.

The 95gph that was on my truck when I bought it crapped out last summer so I just put a new titanium 150gph on it. My truck already has a sump in the tank and I ran 1/2" line from the tank to the vp. I don't have any proof or anything on paper but it feels like it helped it. And they recommend a 150gph for anything 500hp+ I think. I could be wrong though. I'm sure somebody a little more knowledgeable can help out a little more than me. And with the sump I've never sucked it dry. Even when it's below 1/8th tank

Last edited:
The 95GPH supports about 600hp, the 150GPH will support about 900hp. "edmeyers" if your at 600hp+ on a 95gph that is a good chance why your dropping some pressure as well.

Back