Picked up a 6.9.....need help/ideas

Mr.T

DPF's are gay
I picked up this old beast for dirt cheap to haul firewood and stuff but it got a couple issues that need addressed before I can do any of that, first and foremost it has a way soft brake pedal, like you push it almost to the floor before it stops, the previous owner was thinking vacuum pump but if that were the case wouldn't the pedal be super hard? And the glow system doesn't work, would I just be money ahead to disable that crap and put a push button ether assist on it?

The glow plug harness/box is cheap.
If your vacuum pump goes out you have a solid pedal. Trust me.

check the brake fluid for moister/air... if the vac pump went the pedal would be hard... just like the hydroboost would be if the Ps pump went..

Oh and here's a pitcha lol
9uperyjy.jpg

Its getting a wood rack, straight piped, and a cheap set of 35's lol. Then maybe this winter I'll turbo iit

Honesty if I owned a truck like that, it would have dual 5" stacks flat top with the flappers and about 10" above the cab. The truck deserves some oralage

Another thing I noticed is that the clutch engages after I let the pedal up about 3/4" off the floor, I'm assuming its shot and needs replaced, is that a safe guess?

Back