Why is this still happening?

Operator1

Over Budget
This 06 is pulling back fuel at WOT and I can't get it to stop. B9904 is disabled, all limiters are maxed out, and C7001 is set at 42 top to bottom. I have tried different operating systems, had it flashed stock at the dealer, and started over on the tune several times with no change. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Cody_Clean Slate_3_1.zip
    694.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Cody cs 3_1 6_19_13.zip
    235 KB · Views: 0
how about a datalog

The second attachment is a datalog. The best example starts at frame 2750.

Pulling fuel as in mm3 dropping?

Yes. I have the throttle tables ramped to 150 mm3 @ 100%, I have tried higher with no results as well. In first gear it gives full fuel until 2700 rpm then pulls back until it shifts, mm3 pretty much moves inverse of rpm until 4th, then it gives full fuel again.

Mm3 is a reference NOT an absolute.

As long as you are getting the commanded pulse, timing and rail then mm3 is pointless.

Mm3 is a reference in a sense that its a roadmap to how your timing, rail and pulse tables need to be setup in order to GET full fuel.

Every trucks mm3 value @WOT is different, and most tail off after 3000rpms.

Use mm3 as a tool not as a absolute.

Mm3 is a reference NOT an absolute.

As long as you are getting the commanded pulse, timing and rail then mm3 is pointless.

Mm3 is a reference in a sense that its a roadmap to how your timing, rail and pulse tables need to be setup in order to GET full fuel.

Every trucks mm3 value @WOT is different, and most tail off after 3000rpms.

Use mm3 as a tool not as a absolute.

Yes for sure. Pulse, timing, etc. are following right along, as if i am lifting my foot. When my foot is on the floor, i want everything to correspond with the 100% line on the throttle table. I believe I have even tried putting my WOT values @ 100mm3 on pulse, timing, and pressure, and flat from there up to 140 to try to fool it and that didn't work either. If this is just how the cummins works, that is fine. I believe I can work with it if I know it isn't a problem. The bulk of my EFI experience is with my LB7, and it does as it is told.

The mm3 values in the TP% table are max reference values...not absolutes.

The only tables that work (from my experience) on absolutes are the timing, rail and pulse tables...but they are MAX absolutes.

And remember the pulse pressure is referenced from FPA not FPD.

If you will log engine load I think that you will find that at the top of the gears the engine load will fall below 100% and the mm3 will follow it down.

We could really use a load to commanded fuel table Les.

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

So the pedal based tables are more like a suggestion than an order. Well there go my linear tables right out the window. Who is really driving this truck, anyway?

raise all rev limiters to at least 500rpm above where you will be running your truck even e6501. The cummins ecm WILL start to limit fuel as the LOWEST set rev limiter approaches

to then control rpm rescale f0505 and f0508 last rpm cell to 100rpm past where you want your rev limiter and set them to zero , then make the next lowest rpm window where you want the rev limiter to be and set those the same as now. then set your rpm limiters to 500 rpm above there.

shut off your post too

Last edited:
If you will log engine load I think that you will find that at the top of the gears the engine load will fall below 100% and the mm3 will follow it down.

We could really use a load to commanded fuel table Les.

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

You know, load is on that log, and the fueling goes along with it perfectly. I have been trying to trick the load % into staying up so I could see if that helped. But I have never seen even close to 100% load. 34% seems to be the magic number for me, >34%= full fuel, <34%= fuel ignoring my commands. If we don't have control over what is actually controlling the fueling, then we might as well be stacking boxes.

raise all rev limiters to at least 500rpm above where you will be running your truck even e6501. The cummins ecm WILL start to limit fuel as the LOWEST set rev limiter approaches

Will do, silly me assuming they did what they said.

to then control rpm rescale f0505 and f0508 last rpm cell to 100rpm past where you want your rev limiter and set them to zero , then make the next lowest rpm window where you want the rev limiter to be and set those the same as now. then set your rpm limiters to 500 rpm above there.

shut off your post too

Makes sense, I was going to wait till i wanted a lot more rpm before rescaling that, but it's gotta be worth a try. I turned some post back on because we put a s366 on there with stock fuel for now, but it's not doing much.

Back