Rocky Top Diesel Shootout

Terrible to hear. Prayers sent for his family. We talked back and forth a couple times when i had my blue 48 swapped 6.7. Always liked watching his videos he was really laid back and could relate more to the working man building a puller or race truck at home. From what I heard he had brake issues shute half ass deployed and he went out the back of the track close to or at triple digit speeds and went into the woods.

WHAT!?!?

Seriously? I watched that mans videos all the time and had a ton of respect for his level of competition being a garage build fella.

Man.. Will definitely say extra prayers for his family.

Gosh, that’s tonight to swallow.

Heard of an accident on IG and later saw that he didn’t survive. Absolutely terrible. My thoughts are prayers lifted up for his friends & family left behind. Was he single or married? Kids? How old was he? I never met him and he doesn’t look too old in few pics I saw of him. ��

I hate hearing this type of stuff. Reminders of how dangerous this can be, and how invincible we aren't I hate.

Rest in peace.

Is there anything that could be done from a build perspective to help try to prevent this from happening again? Backup shoots? Pinion brakes on separate circuit from wheel brakes?
This is such a horrible thing to happen, and I'm in no way trying to imply he had done anything wrong to cause this. And the first random ideas I have may not be plausible, and at the very least be a weight penalty to get around for some. Is there anything done differently from the safety side on the faster drag vehicles, not my world so I have no idea.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Heard of an accident on IG and later saw that he didn’t survive. Absolutely terrible. My thoughts are prayers lifted up for his friends & family left behind. Was he single or married? Kids? How old was he? I never met him and he doesn’t look too old in few pics I saw of him. ��

He was single, no kids. From what I hear he made a pass and started braking like normal then accelerated into the creek. He was a good dude, RIP buddy.

I haven't followed drag racing in quite a while, he was from a town not far from me. Very sad to see this happen to anyone.

Back