Who would like to see a drag race event at Bristol Dragway?

Would you like to see a event at Thunder Valley?

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jmiltier

Who would like to see a diesel drag race event at the Bristol "Thunder Valley" Drag Strip in Bristol, TN? Would like to see the interest in a estimate of many people would attend and from how far away?

Just a feeler to see, you never know!

Last edited:
In my experience, people interested, and people actually showing up are two different things.

I'd be there as long as there wasn't a schedule conflict with some other big event. You know we'd love to cover it in Diesel World or Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide!!!! I think if it were promoted properly and on a good date you would get a great turnout of both spectators and competitors. Look at how well the Rocky Top event did in its first year in little Crossville, TN and a small track. Bristol is such a nice facility and the 1/4-mile track is sooo good that I think you would draw in A LOT of the big names in diesel drag racing, again as long as it were scheduled properly! Think about how well your Open House at RPM Offroad does with just the dyno. Add drag racing at Bristol to that mix and I think it would be great in its first year and EPIC within 5 years!!!

What I am saying is GO FOR IT!!!! Just make sure to set a good date that doesn't interfere with other established events.

I think it's a great place to do it, plenty of room at the track. I used to go there for the street fights but they hardly ever do Saturdays anymore.

Back