grid heater plate

i saw em...not as cheap as free tho...i posted the one you did too...it dont have machined risers or the gaskts..makes em look cheap when ya do that...

looks like a job for christmas weekend

Last edited:
Can't you just unhook it, pull the intake horns, reach in and feel what condition it's in? If it's solid, just leave it, isn't the issue with the heat cycles on the bolt?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

From what I understand, and Jeff may straighten me out if I’m wrong, the problem isn’t the bolt, it’s the relay. This is a Ram only problem. The relay stays on, powering the heater so long it melts the bolt. Ram has a TSB for the ‘19’s. According to the TSB, water gets in the relay causing it to stick. The fix is to put silicone on the relay where the water can’t get in. Lots of the fellows on TDR have disconnected the relays. If you disconnect the right thing there’s no CEL.

Last edited:
From what I understand, and Jeff may straighten me out if I’m wrong, the problem isn’t the bolt, it’s the relay. This is a Ram only problem. The relay stays on, powering the heater so long it melts the bolt. Ram has a TSB for the ‘19’s. According to the TSB, water gets in the relay causing it to stick. The fix is to put silicone on the relay where the water can’t get in. Lots of the fellows on TDR have disconnected the relays. If you disconnect the right thing there’s no CEL.
Yeah that's my basic understanding, so if the bolt isn't damaged yet, just unhook the relay, and leave everything else alone.

nope..f that...if i could reach in i will..but i doubt it...not taking the chance...i cant believe with all this truck has done engine and trans wise it is still in there...just dumb

It you remove the fusible links between the relays and grid heaters, the ECM should still see the pull-in circuit on the relays and have no CEL

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

biggy is sayin it wont know its working if the relay doesnt cycle..close when energized...if its in there itll still pass thru...but wont energize the output wiring... maybe ill just leave the sel and pull all the heavy wires out...ill know this weekend so ill get back to ya

Yeah the ecm only does daig on the control side of the relay. You can remove the load side of the relay and the ecm will read them as functional.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Are you done yet?
He had pictures on Facebook hours ago, he's probably out terrorizing that poor neighbor that was "concerned" about his boy riding the quad and side by side around a couple weeks ago or so!

Back