Single cab shortbed conversion - Weight?

Jeffrey Weeks

I'm looking at a rough number, the weight of a single cab short bed. I'm going to be doing my conversion soon, and wanted a ballpark number from people who have done them. Anyone have pictures of theirs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine weighs right at 5000 lbs with no dash and no tailgate. Weighed 5200 lbs with me in it and racing slicks bolted on.

Sweet, you answered my question perfectly! Are you running 15" steel wheels? What size slicks?

Are you looking at weight for a 1500 or 2500 ?
I have never weighed mine, 2500.
I don't think I lost that much weight by cutting 20" from frame
and shorter box, maybe 300 lbs.

Cutting out the bed floor sheds a TON of weight. Between the SWB conversion, 16 gal fuel cell, and ditching the bed floor, we're guessing I should lose about 600~ lbs give or take. Plus there's about 100lbs of crap up front that's going to get ditched, and there's about 300lbs worth of crap in the interior too.

If you're wanting to go that far with it.

IMG_3620.jpg

Heres my 1500 8 lug. not quite done yet, but im hoping for 5000# fighting weight

Cutting out the bed floor sheds a TON of weight. Between the SWB conversion, 16 gal fuel cell, and ditching the bed floor, we're guessing I should lose about 600~ lbs give or take. Plus there's about 100lbs of crap up front that's going to get ditched, and there's about 300lbs worth of crap in the interior too.

If you're wanting to go that far with it.

Let me know how much weight you shave with the shortbed conversion, fuel cell and cutting the bed floor out. I'll be doing very similar.

My 94 weighed 4990 with me (180) in it. Reg cab short box with a 3/4 full 15 gallon fuel cell. Fiberglass bedsides. 2 batteries. Full spring packs. Single turbo. 8 point cage. Single bucket seat. Full dash. Everything else gutted.

87c2b7040fa7b009ed5a45fbaedd65dc.jpg

Back