Valve Train

TruckYou

I'm building an engine for my 1st gen. This engine come out of a 95. IV got the head off to be machined for O rings, and a valve job, and some diy p&p. Last night I ran into a great deal on a set of brand new Hamilton 165 springs, billet retainers and keepers. I would imagine the extra pressure of these springs is too much for the stock rods.

Any recommendations for heavy duty pushrods? 3/8 or 7/16?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Either call Manton pushrods or call Power Driven Diesel. Those two have a great product at a good price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I run a dual spring on my 12 valve head at 165 lbs closed pressure. Stock pushrods.. I promise my open pressure is more than those beehives too.

I wouldn't worry about pushrods. I ran hamilton beehives at 5,500+RPM's with my 188/220 making around 60psi of boost and never had a problem.

Thanks guys. I was kinda hoping to upgrade the Pushrods down the road, as right now the engines still being swapped, and my parts shopping list is still quite large.

Off topic a little, but after doing some research for a buddy of mine, who's also looking for push rods, but for his CR truck. I see some companies are selling a kits that use a 3/8x .090 on one side and a 7/16" x .120 on the other... What's the reasoning here? Why not the stringer 7/16 rods throughout the valve train?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back