Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Diesels for Christ
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Name: GOLDDUSTERS5703
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Daily Bread

i receive these from my uncle most days and i would like to share these w/ u guys. i will just copy and paste if yall are interested. here goes...

Ongoing Encouragement

ODB RADIO: Listen Now | Download
READ: Colossians 3:14-25

Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. —Colossians 3:21

Father’s Day is celebrated in many countries worldwide. Although the origins, activities, and actual day of observance differ widely, they all share the common thread of honoring fathers for their role as parents.

This year for Father’s Day, I’ve decided to do something different. Instead of waiting to receive a card or phone call from my children, I’m sending words of appreciation to them and to my wife. After all, without them, I wouldn’t be a dad.

Paul instructed fathers to be a positive part of their children’s development rather than a source of anger and discouragement. He wrote, “Fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord” (Eph. 6:4). “Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged” (Col. 3:21). Both of these verses are embedded in passages about loving and honoring each other in family relationships.

The role of a father changes as children grow, but it doesn’t end. Praise and encouragement are welcomed whether a child is 4 or 40. Prayer is always powerful. And it’s never too soon to mend a broken relationship with a son or daughter.

Fathers, now is a good time to tell your children how much you love and appreciate them. — David C. McCasland

Our children need encouragement,
Expressions of our love and care;
Appreciation, when expressed,
Accentuates the bond we share. —Sper

The greatest gift a father can give to his children is himself.

PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Old 06-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
'Powerstroke7.3

Name: 'Powerstroke7.3
Title: Hearing Impaired
Member`s Gallery
Great reading

Thanks

Daniel

Old 06-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Thanks for posting!!

I'm not a father but mine is the best and I have the upmost respect for him and love him more than he could ever know!!!

David C. Elrod
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Old 06-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #4
chromedome1

Name: chromedome1
Title: Diesel for life.
Member`s Gallery
Keep em coming, great! God Bless

Old 06-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
praise report... im a proud papa again!!!! 6lbs. 15ozs. baby girl!!! had her yesterday mornin all is well!!!!!

June 19, 2009

The Tempted Brothers

READ: Genesis 39:1-12

How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God? —Genesis 39:9

Two brothers—both far from home —faced similar temptations. One, working away from the family, fell to the schemes of a younger woman. His sin led to embarrassment and family turmoil. The other, separated from loved ones because of family turmoil, resisted the advances of an older woman. His faithfulness led to rescue and renewal for the family.

Who are these brothers? Judah, who fell to the desperate scheme of his neglected daughter-in-law Tamar (Gen. 38). And Joseph, who ran from the arms of Potiphar’s wife (Gen. 39). One chapter, an ugly story of irresponsibility and deception; the other, a beautiful chapter of faithfulness.

The stories of Judah and Joseph, presented back-to-back in the midst of “the history of Jacob” (37:2), show us that temptation itself is not the problem. Everybody faces temptation, even Jesus did (Matt. 4:1-11). But how do we face temptation? Do we demonstrate that faith in God can shield us from giving in to sin?

Joseph gave us one way of escape: Recognize sin as an affront to God and run from it. Jesus gave another: Answer temptation with truth from God’s Word.

Facing temptation? See it as an opportunity to make God and His Word real in your life. Then run! — Dave Branon

For Further Study
To gain insight into how to say no to temptation, check out Resisting The Lure: Recognizing The Dangers Of Sexual Temptation at Resisting The Lure: Recognizing The Dangers Of Sexual Temptation - Discovery Series

We fall into temptation when we don’t stand against it.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:57 AM   #6
chromedome1

Member`s Gallery
Congrats, nothing like child birth! Thanks again for devotion! Amen

Old 06-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #7
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
thanks dome! u are right its one of those indescribable experiences that can only come from above! i keep the devos comin as i get them.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
relay93

Name: relay93
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Congrats on the new baby. What a exciting time it is for you and your family.

God Bless you and your family.

Roger

Old 06-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #9
Powerstroke Racer

Name: Powerstroke Racer
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDUSTERS5703 View Post
thanks dome! u are right its one of those indescribable experiences that can only come from above! i keep the devos comin as i get them.
Congratulations on the baby, I still enjoy mine at 17 years old just like the day she was born. All I have to do is look at my Samantha to know I am truly blessed.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
Diesel Innovations Online Performance Diesel Products!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #10
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
thanks guys for all the kind words! im back to work my wife is healing quickly(c-section) and baby makenna faith is growing by the minute!! im sooo grateful!!!

A Powerful Message

READ: 1 Corinthians 1:18-25

The gospel of Christ . . . is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes. —Romans 1:16

Bible teacher Lehman Strauss was brought to Christ through the power of the Word when he was young. At his girlfriend’s suggestion, he read Romans 3:23, 5:8, and 10:13. As he did, he was convicted of his sin. He wept and believed.

When his son Richard was 7 years old, he asked his father how to be saved. Lehman used the same verses that his girlfriend (who was now his wife) had used years earlier. His son believed too, and eventually became a pastor.

God’s Word has tremendous power! The first recorded time God spoke, He created light (Gen. 1:3). He spoke a promise to Abraham (17:15-19) and enabled his 90-year-old wife Sarah to bear a child (21:1-2). God still speaks with power today, and all who hear and believe the gospel are saved (Rom. 1:16).

Yes, the message of Christ and His saving work on the cross can change the direction of a person’s life. It has the power to reach the heart of that person you love and have prayed for many times.

So don’t give up in your witness. Be consistent in your daily walk. Keep praying and sharing the gospel with others. It’s a powerful message! — David C. Egner

Sweetly echo the gospel call—
Wonderful words of life;
Offer pardon and peace to all—
Wonderful words of life. —Bliss

Our words have power to influence; God’s words have power to save.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Chimp Eden

READ: Numbers 14:1-10

If the Lord delights in us, then He will bring us into this land and give it to us. —Numbers 14:8

Eugene Cussons rescues chimpanzees. Orphaned by those in the business of bush-meat trade and taken from the jungle as infants, many have lived their entire lives confined in a space smaller than a prison cell. When Cussons arrives to take them to the game reserve he calls “Chimp Eden ,” he often finds them hostile and untrusting.

“These chimps don’t realize that I am one of the good guys,” Cussons says. When he tries to put them into a smaller crate for the trip to their new home, they put up quite a fight. “They don’t know that I’m going to take them back to Chimp Eden and give them a life so much better.”

On a much grander scale, God’s offer to liberate us from the slavery of sin is often met with resistance. When He rescued the children of Israel from Egypt , God took them through difficult places that caused them to doubt His good intentions. “Would it not be better for us to return to Egypt ?” they cried (Num. 14:3).

On our journey of faith, there are times when the “freedom” of sin that we left behind is more appealing than the restrictions of faith that lie ahead. We must trust the protective boundaries found in God’s Word as the only way to get to the place of ultimate freedom. — Julie Ackerman Link

Sin’s lure may look like freedom
But in its grip we’re bound;
It’s when we’re bound to Jesus
Real freedom will be found. —D. De Haan

Obedience to God is the key to freedom.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #12
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Open Invitation

READ: Ephesians 2:14-22

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. —Hebrews 4:16

Versailles was made the capital of France by King Louis XIV in 1682 and remained the capital (except for a short time) until 1789 when it was moved back to Paris . The beautiful palace of Versailles included an opulent 241-foot-long Hall of Mirrors. When a visitor approached the king, he had to curtsy every five steps as he walked the entire distance to meet the king sitting on his dazzling silver throne!

Foreign emissaries to France submitted to that humiliating ritual to court the French monarch’s favor toward their country. By contrast, our God, the King of kings, invites His people to come to His throne freely. We can come to Him anytime—no advance appointments and no bowing required!

How grateful we should be that our heavenly Father is so much more inviting! “Through [Christ] we . . . have access by one Spirit to the Father” (Eph. 2:18). Because of this, the writer of Hebrews urges us to “come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Heb. 4:16).

Have you responded to God’s open invitation? Come in awe and gratitude, for the God of this universe is willing to hear your petitions anytime. — C. P. Hia

You need to talk with God today,
Your heart’s bowed down with care;
Just speak the words you have to say—
He’ll always hear your prayer. —Hess

Access to God’s throne is always open.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #13
chromedome1

Member`s Gallery
Truly worth time in reading, thanks!

Old 06-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #14
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
No problem I'll keep them comming just tryin to do what I can

Old 06-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #15
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Macauley

READ: Isaiah 6:1-8

I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” —Isaiah 6:8

Macauley Rivera, one of my dearest friends in Bible college, had a passion for the Savior. His heart’s desire was to graduate, marry his fiancée Sharon , return to the inner city of Washington , DC , and plant a church to reach his friends and family for Christ.

That dream ended, however, when Mac and Sharon were tragically killed in an accident, leaving the student body stunned at the loss. At Mac’s memorial service, the challenge was issued: “Mac is gone. Who will serve in his place?” As evidence of the impact of Mac’s example, more than 200 students stood to take up the mantle of Christ’s fallen servant.

The response of those students echoes the commitment of Isaiah. In a time of fear and insecurity, the prophet was summoned into the throne room of God, where he heard Him say, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Isaiah responded, “Here am I! Send me” (Isa. 6:8).

God still calls men and women to be His ambassadors today. He challenges us to serve Him—sometimes close to home, sometimes in distant lands. The question for us is, How will we respond to His call? May God give us the courage to say, “Here am I! Send me.” — Bill Crowder

Take the task He gives you gladly;
Let His work your pleasure be;
Answer quickly when He calleth,
“Here am I, send me, send me.” —March

Whom God calls, He qualifies; whom He qualifies, He sends.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:52 AM   #16
Southpaw

Name: Southpaw
Title: Slower than most
Member`s Gallery
Subscribing to read more of these.

Great devotionals!!

Keep them coming!

'02 F-250/CC/LB
aFe II, 6" stack, DP-tuned, JWVB, ATS housing, WW, and a whole lot of other stuff that noone cares about.

<><

COLOSSIANS 2:8

Old 07-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #17
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
no problem thanks for the support

Old 07-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #18
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Doing The Work Of God

READ: John 6:25-33

Our sufficiency is from God. —2 Corinthians 3:5

When I was a pastor I used to have a recurring nightmare. I would rise to preach on Sunday morning, look out at my congregation—and see no one in the pews!

It doesn’t take a Daniel (Dan. 2:1,19) or a dream therapist to interpret the vision. It grew out of my belief that everything depended on me. I mistakenly believed that if I did not preach with power and persuasion, the congregation would fade away and the church would fold. I thought I was responsible for the results of God’s work.

In the Gospels, we read that some people asked Jesus, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?” (John 6:28). What audacity! Only God can do the works of God!

Jesus’ answer instructs us all: “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent” (v.29). Whatever we have to do, then, whether teaching a Sunday school class, leading a small group, telling the gospel story to our neighbor, or preaching to thousands, it must be done by faith. There is no other way to “work the works of God.”

Our responsibility is to serve God faithfully, wherever He has placed us. Then we’re to leave the results to Him. As Jesus reminded His disciples in John 15:5, “Without Me you can do nothing.” — David H. Roper

The work of the Lord for us has been done—
Jesus has paid the supreme sacrifice;
Our service for God has only begun—
And nothing we do can help pay the price. —Hess

Christ’s work on the cross equips us to do good works for Him.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #19
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Heaven’s Greatest Delights

READ: Revelation 22:1-5

Eye has not seen, nor ear heard . . . the things which God has prepared for those who love Him. —1 Corinthians 2:9

What will be one of heaven’s supreme joys?

Joni Eareckson Tada, disabled as a teenager in a diving accident, has been a paraplegic for over 40 years. One would imagine that her greatest longing would be the ability to walk, even run, free from the confinement of her wheelchair.

But Joni tells us that her greatest desire is to offer a “praise that is pure.” She explains: “I won’t be crippled by distractions, or disabled by insincerity. I won’t be handicapped by a ho-hum half-heartedness. My heart will join with yours and bubble over with effervescent adoration. We will finally be able to fellowship fully with the Father and the Son. For me, this will be the best part of heaven.”

How that speaks to my divided heart and grips my unfocused spirit! What a blessing to offer “a praise that is pure,” with no wandering thoughts, no self-centered requests, no inability to soar above my earth-bound language!

In heaven, “there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him” (Rev. 22:3). May the prospect of heaven enable us to experience a foretaste of that God-glorifying worship even here and now. — Vernon C. Grounds

To be with Him will crown it all!
To see His face—before Him fall,
To feast within His banquet hall;
To be with Him will crown it all! —Peterson.

To see Jesus will be heaven’s greatest joy.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #20
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Life, Love, Chocolate

READ: 1 John 3:16-23

Be imitators of God . . . . And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us. —Ephesians 5:1-2

An entry I read on a favorite blog caught my eye. It was the morning of his ninth wedding anniversary. Not having a lot of money, the writer ran out to get his wife, Heidi, their favorite French pastry—pain au chocolat. After sprinting several miles, he arrived home, exhausted, to find her in the kitchen just pulling a chocolate-filled croissant out of the oven. It was pain au chocolat.

That husband, Jeff, compared his life with Heidi to the lives of the people in O. Henry’s short story “Gift of the Magi.” It tells of a man who sold his lone possession of value—a pocket watch—to buy hair combs for his wife, who had sold her long, beautiful hair to buy a gold chain for his watch.

Having no money concerns would be great—but realizing the immeasurable value of the people we care about is more important. We sometimes need a reminder that acquiring “things” is not nearly as important as appreciating the people God has placed in our lives. When we practice putting others’ interests before our own (Phil. 2:3-4), we learn what it means to love, serve, and sacrifice. In fact, that’s how we pattern Christ in our relationships (Eph. 5:1-2).

Life, love, and chocolate taste better when shared with others. — Cindy Hess Kasper

I want to share with those I love
The highest joy I’m thinking of,
Not just what brightens all their days
But what will give God highest praise. —Hess

Love is never afraid of giving too much.

Closed Thread