Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Deployed Member Check In
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #21
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
I didn't want to say she's steping out on you because I've been where yo're at and it's the last thing you want to hear, even though you're thinking it yourself.

If isn't already, she will be soon. Get out while you can. Things won't get any better.

Sorry bro!!!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #22
Snake

Name: Snake
Title: 40 lug nuts
Member`s Gallery
Yeah, I debated on putting that out there and then tried to figure out how I wanted to say it. I thought back to when I was in that situation and what I wished someone would have told me. There's no easy way of having that conversation, especially when you don't know the person.

My job performance improved greatly when I was able to quit worrying about that situation back home.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #23
calereeves

Name: calereeves
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
My job performance improved greatly when I was able to quit worrying about that situation back home.
To be honest, thats one thing that hasn't really happened. I get pissed every once in a while, but I guess its a good sign that maybe I'm not so into it if it really doesn't bother me once I get over the initial pissed-off-ness. I guess I realized a while back that she's crazy, but I got too much **** at her house to walk right now. 38 days til I get home... I can really put up with just about anything for 38 days til I can make sure my stuff is safe and then proceed accordingly. Not like I have anything to lose, but maybe things will work out. I know most people probably say the same thing, but I really don't think she's cheating on me... just that she's pushed me out of the picture for the most part. Not to say that it couldn't be the case, but a lot of times I know the people she's around. Now if it turned out that it was IS the case, and its one of the people I know, its game on when I get back

Last edited by calereeves; 09-23-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #24
calereeves

Member`s Gallery
And its not like there's not plenty of lonely women running around VBC here... however, I've been down that road before. Cheated on a girl I planned on breaking up with, but I still feel like **** for it...never thought I'd be the kind of guy that would cheat on a serious relationship (we'd been together for 6 years, but thats a whole 'nother story). I look around when I'm pissed off and see targets all over the place, but regardless I just can't bring myself to act on it....

Like I said, I don't think she's cheating on me, but I'm sure there's plenty of suckers out there who've thought the same thing.... :-/

Old 09-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #25
nfkfirefighter

Name: nfkfirefighter
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
so i was going to try to help till i heard the AF firefighter joke.. but right now im currently in iraq as a AF firefighter and by far the busyest fire dept in the DOD right now. from fighter fires to buildings flat out busy as ****. but thats becides the point ive also noticed since im a week out that the past few weeks have been tough but were making it though i think just the wind down adds the stress and they dont realize it.. just hang tough and everything will be alright when you get back there

Old 09-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #26
Snake

Name: Snake
Title: 40 lug nuts
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by calereeves View Post
I guess I realized a while back that she's crazy, but I got too much **** at her house to walk right now. 38 days til I get home... I can really put up with just about anything for 38 days til I can make sure my stuff is safe and then proceed accordingly.
Been there too. Treaded lightly until I got my stuff sorted out then said adios.

If you think she's crazy, I'd lay low until you get home, recover your stuff, and bail out. Crazy chicks will seriously jack up a career. And life in general.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #27
calereeves

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfkfirefighter View Post
so i was going to try to help till i heard the AF firefighter joke.. but right now im currently in iraq as a AF firefighter and by far the busyest fire dept in the DOD right now. from fighter fires to buildings flat out busy as ****. but thats becides the point ive also noticed since im a week out that the past few weeks have been tough but were making it though i think just the wind down adds the stress and they dont realize it.. just hang tough and everything will be alright when you get back there
You must be at JBB then? I didn't think there were any of you left, thought it was all contracted out now?? Congrats on being a week out! Sorry for the cheap shot

Anywho, I was referring to the 4-month deployment length, not the job. Although, I guess at the time her ex would have deployed, ALL AF deployments were probably still 4 months.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:10 AM   #28
chris lang

Name: chris lang
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
hope you didnt marry her bro. fail #1 right there

Old 12-14-2010, 03:30 AM   #29
oddjobb

Name: oddjobb
Member`s Gallery
Just get out of there. . . hope you did. Curious what happened. I have had friends get home and all their stuff was gone from the house and they were locked out.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #30
mongo

Name: mongo
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Hey man, been in your shoes. Ride it out till you get home, if you cant fix it pack your stuff and leave. As kong as shes not takin your money. This tour i've found me a decent girl, but my battle next to me in the tent got married before we left and she preceded to blow all his money. Came home on leave to get divorced. Not a fun time. Ride it out man. I've been there, its much easier to figure out what you wanna do once youre home

More to come!!

Old 12-28-2010, 03:07 AM   #31
nikole.957

Name: nikole.957
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post
See.... That makes things easier. You can walk. She knows this. If you are getting the signs...walk.

Beer.

Thanks for the service. I like my freedom.
I agree with Snedge. She has shown by her past that she can't handle the deployments. If you extend your deployment there will be no saving it anyways.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #32
fordcummins01

Name: fordcummins01
Title: soot burner
Member`s Gallery
I think my old man said it best, "Son, if we were out hunting in the woods, and I saw a bear trap that you were about to step in...wouldn't you want me to tell you about it?"

Point in case, don't make a bad decision and hang on. You'll be miserable. I'd let her ride... Live life and don't get married til your around 30. Just my nickels worth

Old 01-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #33
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Like I said, I don't think she's cheating on me, but I'm sure there's plenty of suckers out there who've thought the same thing.... :-/
I was married to the most wonderful woman on the planet, fat dumb and happy. I just caught mine cheating in Nov. I'm not on extended deployments, but I am gone 4 nights a week. She was going to bars with OUR friends, not answering when I called. Not calling or sending a text letting me know she was home, etc.....

Sorry man, but your girl is most likely cheating. Get out now, suck up the pain and move on. It doesn't get any better for you.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:01 AM   #34
madmikeismad

Name: madmikeismad
Title: So mad
Member`s Gallery
lol, deployments are the first step to a divorce.

On my last trip to afghan, every member of my squad was cheated on.... mine cheated with another member of my home unit.

Last edited by madmikeismad; 01-30-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #35
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I got 39 days left in this place and i'm considering extending for another 6 months just so I don't have to go home
So what was the outcome dude??

Old 02-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #36
BtsNhoS

Name: BtsNhoS
Title: I need a truck
Member`s Gallery
Jerry Jerry Jerry

Closed Thread