Anyone with there own mix

Take a gallon jug of blue window fluid. Make a mark at the top of the liquid. Pour it out. Add 4 bottles of Yellow heet. Fill with window juice back to the line you made earlier. Inject in large amounts. Go buy new tires.

i heard alot of poeple using meth that blew up there motors, any of you had any trouble useing it

in my opinion it is like anything else... used in moderation it is great.. overdo it and it can cause alot of problems. if you stay with a weak mixture and don't flood it out you should be fine. it is the guys that are using mixtures upwards of 50% that are running the ragged edge.

Its most likely other parts of the truck being the issue, and they just have the water meth to blame it on. Just because you have water injection doesnt mean you can pull a trailer with a hot tune and a stock turbo.

I use diesel, diesel, diesel, diesel, diesel, diesel, diesel, & diesel...I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that! LOLLOL

Just bought 2, 5-gallon pails of the 99.9% pure methanol today...seems that the -45* windshield washer fluid has "detergent" in it now, and foams...bad.

After watching that video, I think I better add a little more water to my mix before I drive it, as I have it at 50-50 right now.

Another thing to consider...if you use a smaller nozzle, the amount of methanol is reduced...and hopefully, less damage occures.

Are you sure it was 99% methanol and that the anti-freeze was reason for mishapp.
I was making a joke it was just the head gasket
what melted?

edit: saw the midwest post. thought you were just running stock software? get the trans fixed up?
I was running stock software in brainerd for the racing as to not break stuff before the pull the next day still runnin the smarty yes trans is fixed now and running good
Just got the video is that what went wrong with the truck .
^^^ head gasket
I watched the pull why do the 4 ways turn on ?
I had smoked the ignition switch that morning and didn't have time to put the column back together. when the pan hit the 2 gauge pod on the column that was just sitting there bumped the 4 way switch just enough to trigger it.
After watching that video, I think I better add a little more water to my mix before I drive it, as I have it at 50-50 right now.
Another thing to consider...if you use a smaller nozzle, the amount of methanol is reduced...and hopefully, less damage occures.

that run was without any water at all actually. I can't run water at our points pulls so it wasn't on the truck for that pull. I was just making a joke about inhaling antifreeze both from the head gasket and from the upper hose that blew off from the excessive pressure in the system when the gasket popped and sprayed all over my open filter on the turbo.

sorry guys for taking so long to respond to all the questions I totally missed the first page where everybody asked the questions. hope this clears up the video...
I just put the water back in the truck tonight for our local "open" street legal pull this weekend. and I am running a 50/50 mix of straight methanol from my buddy that races circle track and washer fluid for somewhere around a 75% mixture. it keeps my egts the same but clears up most of the smoke so I can only assume I am getting some more power out of it. although it is hard to notice when on the pulling track. it doesn't feel like when a huge pill of nitrous hits or anything.
and yes I do actually need a smaller jet in my system. I am actually thinking of putting 3 nozzels in the intake facing each other and using the smallest ones I can get and just use more of them to get a better atomization.

Washer fluid is just water, 33-35% methanol and blue dye for the -20*f type. Do not use deicer types, they have glycol.

I've done the math, mixing the water yourself with $2.95/gal fuel saves just a few pennies per gallon (not including the cost of containers). Its far easier just to buy the washer fluid, it takes about the same time to buy a few gallons at the store as it does to mix raw materials at home and there is no danger of getting methanol on your skin.

Back