Shops and tools

See if this works.

IMAG0194.jpg

this is a good idea. i posted a bit about these new tools earlier and let me tell you, they are awesome. especially when you do jobs like removing a starter, they made life much easier.
009_29309000_5

this is a good idea. i posted a bit about these new tools earlier and let me tell you, they are awesome. especially when you do jobs like removing a starter, they made life much easier.
009_29309000_5
I've been wanting to get a set of those.

I tell you what I've really been enjoying, not sure how long they've been out though. Locking extenstions so the socket dosent fall off.

Makes removing the p7100 bolts on the timing case close to the engine a hell of a lot easier to get to

Locking extensions are nice, but will piss you off when you don't realize you grabbed one and can not get a socket on the extension. I have mine in the same drawer as the others and more than once I have gotten a locking one when I wanted a regular one.

Snap-on's electric impacts are awesome! The 3/8 is strong enough to do almost anything on our trucks (including lug nuts) and the 1/2 is crazy! It will take semi lugs off!

I use my Milwaukee for interior parts or any smaller stuff. It's easier to fit in places. It's a little smaller then the snap-on 3/8.

Snap-on's electric impacts are awesome! The 3/8 is strong enough to do almost anything on our trucks (including lug nuts) and the 1/2 is crazy! It will take semi lugs off!

I use my Milwaukee for interior parts or any smaller stuff. It's easier to fit in places. It's a little smaller then the snap-on 3/8.

ive been meaning to ask someone about this, what size would be the best 3/8 or 1/2? i want to use it to take off lug nuts on my truck, unbolt stuck nuts/bolts with standard/metric sockets etc.

ive been meaning to ask someone about this, what size would be the best 3/8 or 1/2? i want to use it to take off lug nuts on my truck, unbolt stuck nuts/bolts with standard/metric sockets etc.

3/8. The 1/2 is a lot bigger and the 3/8 will take your lugs on and off. Just torque them to check afterwards. After all it still is battery powered. I have a video of the 1/2 taking semi lugs off it it's on my phone not YouTube so I'm not sure how to post it.

While the 3/8 is strong enough to take of lug nuts on a fresh battery, I would recommend getting a 1/2 inch gun to take to the track.

3/8. The 1/2 is a lot bigger and the 3/8 will take your lugs on and off. Just torque them to check afterwards. After all it still is battery powered. I have a video of the 1/2 taking semi lugs off it it's on my phone not YouTube so I'm not sure how to post it.
so next question, are the battery operated worth the money (in torque power, reliability etc.) over the electric (corded) and which brand seems to be the best.

Ya man thanks! i showed that to the wife and its def. on my to get list. luckily im pretty tall so it hasnt been to hard for me to get everything i need :lolly:

Back